• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Games that won't load - Post here

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
All of my games are not showing the board, only the players and the previous turns.
Perhaps I can select turn and then stop assaulting and stop? but that is not how it should be.

only top of the board is complete, the rest is showing partial info. Some boards I was able to play some only place new armies and some are not working at all. take turn and after 60 minutes end turn.
this one doesn't show the board at all:

edit: it appears to be an Edge problem, in Chrome the boards are visible. Any ideas for a solution?

the overview looks like: 1698642071440.png

Attachments

• MCbeta-54248.JPG
    MCbeta-54248.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Maldoon

Awesome Player

Attachments

• majcom game won't let me deploy.png
    majcom game won't let me deploy.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • majcom 2nd game won't let me deploy.png
    majcom 2nd game won't let me deploy.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I also had a game get stuck on me while I was playing off my phone. (Chrome android). A hard refresh didn't work. BUT I jumped onto a desktop and that wasn't stuck and I was able to take my turn. I'm assuming it's the client side (players) that is having the issues?

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
I also had a game get stuck on me while I was playing off my phone. (Chrome android). A hard refresh didn't work. BUT I jumped onto a desktop and that wasn't stuck and I was able to take my turn. I'm assuming it's the client side (players) that is having the issues?
No, playing desktop here, tried 3 different browsers

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Sorry, I've been asleep at the wheel. I just asked the devs to look at it and see what has happened. Thanks.

welshmaz

Awesome Player
Alas my conquest of Japan has stalled! Cant deploy. Thanks for any help :)

Stormcat

Awesome Player
Had a RT game last night where I was unable to deploy, on laptop or phone. Hard refresh did not work. It's the first time it's happened that refreshing didn't eventually work

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yeah, the entire site is down. Not sure why. The dev team is looking into it.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
@calume @Leor888 @xsb1977 @Maldoon @periwinkle @welshmaz @Stormcat @sannheten @Daniel7 @once @MNatt @bilsi @TankEater @-LionHeart- @WTBS-Superstation @kotg95 @BadKarma

Hey, just an update. It seems the dev team just got all games back online (and the site for that matter)

I'm not sure what the issue was, I haven't talked to them yet. I just noticed that everything was back so i thought I'd put out this message first, then ask what they did after.

Anyway, I'm keeping in an eye out. hope it stays this way. It's 1am for me so I'll check again in the morning. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience. Have fun.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
UPDATE:

Turns out we ran out of space on the server. Hence the slow and gradual decline....

We deleted some backup files to make space, and we'll discuss expanding our server's storage tomorrow.

Meanwhile, everything should be good for now.

P.S. I'm just glad it was a space issue. That's a much better problem to solve than something code related! 😅

Thanks and have fun!

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
UPDATE:

Turns out we ran out of space on the server. Hence the slow and gradual decline....

We deleted some backup files to make space, and we'll discuss expanding our server's storage tomorrow.

P.S. I'm just glad it was a space issue. That's a much better problem to solve than something code related! 😅

Thanks and have fun!
Storage is cheap.

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
UPDATE:

Thanks and have fun!
My problem is not solved by this. There is some mismatch when loading games (png) in Edge.

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
My problem is not solved by this. There is some mismatch when loading games (png) in Edge.
OK, server issue together with clearing cache in Edge did it. Issue solved.