• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Game decorum. Kill off your troops before you quit.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
In real time games.

Why do so many people find it neccessary to leave mid game. And when they do, they leave groups of 3 everywhere. Takes you up to 3 turns to finish them off. as if I am supposed to appreciate sitting around for 15 minutes with nothing else to do......

I love it when they say they don't have time to finish it off since they are loosing. What kind of statement about their character is that?

Atleast kill off your troops before you leave on neutral countries.

Preferrably stick around for me to finish my turn and do it again.

Rant over

Last edited:

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Perhaps we should have a surrender option for RT only.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
For head to head it would be real nice. For RT multiplayer would it turn their troops into neutrals?

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I'm generally opposed to a quit/surrender button.

However, what if there was an "Abandon" button that allowed a player to go straight to AWOL without the wait? It wouldn't have the same potential for abuse that a quit button would, but would just be a courtesy to the other players so they don't have to sit through rounds of a player missing their turns. Their troops would be essentially neutrals, and their reserves would still be up for grabs for another player to capture.

It would still be problematic in mercenary and assassin games, but no more than if the player went AWOL naturally.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Good idea, and I generally agree with Shep about the 'surrender' button except in 1v1 games. I don't see the harm in allowing people to surrender in those.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Good idea, and I generally agree with Shep about the 'surrender' button except in 1v1 games. I don't see the harm in allowing people to surrender in those.
It's not as big an issue in 1v1s (though players could still use it to point dump or to free up a space to add another game, both things we discourage). However, if we can come up with one rule that applies universally to all game types it's better than having different buttons for different situations, as it will be less confusing for users and more efficient for our dev team to implement.

herweezy

Awesome Player
what about an option to convert and RT game into a casual game if enough players agree?

VetaBANNED

Awesome Player
what about an option to convert and RT game into a casual game if enough players agree?

I think this idea has been floating around for a while. It's a good idea though, not sure if it made any list.

edit: I like the abandon idea as well. It's a good compromise and addresses the issue at hand - wasting people's time.

Last edited:

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
i really like the idea of the instant awol ..miss a turn and your done..waiting turn after turn stinks..

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
While these are good ideas, if people just act with some etiquette; it wouldn't be an issue.

My beef is in RT on head to head. At a minimum they could kill of their troops before leaving. Less than 4 minutes of time. And no tweaking to the system is needed.

privatepike

Awesome Player
Many people go awol because they are losing. This destabilises the game, as well as keeping people waiting. Perhaps repeat awol players could be penalised, ie points deducted. It would at least encourage people to play like grown-ups.