• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

For the best stats, play LARGE mutiplayer games.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
I don't think it necessarily helps your score, but it helps your kill count. Why? Here's why:

In an N-player game, if everything is equal, you have a 1/N chance of winning. As "N" increases, your kill-count to games-played ratio will increase. This is best illustrated by an example. Assume all player wins happen according to the mathematical odds of him winning.

Player 1 plays 1000 2-player games. He wins 500 of them (1 out of every 2), and therefore gets 500 kills. He has a game-to-kill ratio of 0.5.

Player 2 plays 1000 10-player games. He wins 100 of them (1 out of every 10), and therefore gets 900 kills (9 kills x 100 games). He has a game-to-kill ratio of 0.9.

As "N" goes to infinity, a player's game-to-kill ratio will approach 1.0, which is TWICE that of an exclusive 2-player-game player, even though he's winning games at the same odds as that player.

Since Risk involves luck (initial drop, other players play, the dice), over time playing more large games will improve one's stats as the odds of being given promising and unpromising games evens out.

So given what I've said, I have some large multiplayer games needing more players. Join me!

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Good luck with your games. May they fill quickly and be without drama.

Best stats for a high kill ratio come from team games though. :)
Just look at the stats of the 10 best here Consecutive Defeated Opponents (All Time).
Killer kill ratios and most from team games. (look at their stats page for udo on singles v the team medals)

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Ok. But what is it about team games that leads to higher kill ratios?

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
for the simple version. if you win 50% of 1v1, you have a kill ratio of game to kills of 0.50. if you win 50% of 2v2 your kill ratio is 1.0, a kill for each person on the team.

i think 3 of the people in the top 10 i referenced got their high ratios of 2.0 or higher from 6'ers teams games. strong teams who play together a lot have a higher advantage and work together better than a team who is just thrown together from random players. easier to make plans, no skipped turns, no attacking friendlies, etc.

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
the thing is; the experienced teams could play against other experienced teams but they like their statistics and status so Im guessin they start free to join games (rather than PW games) so random opponents join so they can play against inferior teams dramatically increasing their odds

that means that any noob can join their team if only you check regularly when they start new games and join when there's a spot left on their team (small window of opportunity probly... and if too many noobs join their side they'll just switch sides :p

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Yes, I freely admit i am a udo hunter. however, that doesnt mean just picking on noobs. any serious udo hunter hast to play the greats as well as the middle, and the noobs.

and there are several avenues where great players have played against other great teams. that is the main idea behind battle clans. i think periwinkle is organizing a tournament now. there is also a social clan called the borg that used to have great team games. not for the faint of heart, but tournaments also have team games for a random selection. while never big on tournaments, i refuse to join ones with team games or assassin settings. nothing worse than randomness in selecting of players and being stuck with a known awoler.

as for picking on noobs in casual. i like playing with my friends. and sucks big time when you get someone that doesnt even read game chat if they even bother to show up. it is easy to find a challenge on doubles against other good players, bunch of teams out their. however, when talking 6'ers there has only been one dedicated team. and they took on all comers. a couple of times i even left the dedicated 6'ers and got a good squad together to beat my old team mates. cause how the hell are you supposed to get udo's unless you beat your friends as well?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Ok. But what is it about team games that leads to higher kill ratios?

Bluebonnet is correct ...if you want to try out a team game but dont want to just join in a random team, message me and I'll set one up and you can be my teammate . Cheers! :beer: