• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Fog of War

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Ya might wanna try some programming so that during games only the spots next to your own are visible, and ya can keep your interior hidden unless somebody takes a spot next to that turf. It's a feature that another unnamed site has that is challenging to good players that also makes it more of a strategy intensive battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

mapguy

Awesome Player
Yes, yes, yes.
I am much anticipating the addition of this feature, or something similar.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Ya might wanna try some programming so that during games only the spots next to your own are visible, and ya can keep your interior hidden unless somebody takes a spot next to that turf. It's a feature that another unnamed site has that is challenging to good players that also makes it more of a strategy intensive battle.

If/When this gets added, then another diplomacy option should be "Share Intelligence", either on a per territory basis or All/None.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
yeah this is on the roadmap for sure. There are many ways to do fog of war, we might even have a couple in there.

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Looking at the options :
methinks a standard fog as described,
a fog that is only as wide as a border area,
a fog that covers selected spots on your turf would be good ones to consider

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
A fog could also show the player designation, but not the troop number. or a combination of the above. only show troop number on border regions, and player designation everywhere else.

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
This thread is a cool idea......

FLAGG

uscg

Awesome Player
what about an option that is only for "fog of war" where instead of trading in your cards for extra armies, for one turn you can see the whole board, ie: other players and their troop counts. Then after your round is over, it goes back to only seeing what is near your border. might be worth it if say a 3 player game and only flate rate and the game is stalling alittle. just an option.

Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
what about an option that is only for "fog of war" where instead of trading in your cards for extra armies, for one turn you can see the whole board, ie: other players and their troop counts. Then after your round is over, it goes back to only seeing what is near your border. might be worth it if say a 3 player game and only flate rate and the game is stalling alittle. just an option.

Thats interesting too.

Colon-el-Mustardo

Awesome Player
fog - only see bordering territories

Can we please have a fog game rule option? more skill is involved with fog! Please? :trytofly:

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
I like the idea. It would bring a new level of strategy to the game. Having scouting expeditions and such.

Would it make the game to slow though? I could see a very much more defensive play occurring.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I wonder, with the fog will there be a blackout on the Intel tab as well? Would keep to the theme of only knowing what you can see with your own eyes.

Last edited:

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Yes, the information in all tabs would be affected by the fog, not just Intel. Records is another big one, and just think of the Diplomacy potential.

1ManWolfpack

Awesome Player
You could even go so far as to have an ally so that you both saw each others bordering neighbors. Sounds exciting, can't wait!

zippyz

Awesome Player
Hey, I brought this idea up in the Map Studios Forum, and I wanted to repost here and revive the thread to show some interest.

"So, I am ripping this idea off of other strategy games that have limited sight lines, like Civilization. But what if there were a map, or just a feature, where you could only see a certain amount of spaces around your units?

You would still be able to see the overall numbers in the intel tab, so there would be extra strategy in holding units behind your border, and some added guesswork.

It could add some extra strategy, and could be especially interesting in large team games, where you create outposts so your team can monitor the "worldly happenings"

Map elements such as "high ground" could be introduced, certain spots could reveal extra portions of the map, or even all of the map.

What do you all think, could this work, or would it make the game too boring not being able to see what is happening on other parts of the map? I think it could make it slightly more realistic."

Woltato

Straight Shooter
Awesome Player
The fog option is available on Conquer Club and it works really well especially with escalating reserves. My favorite type of game. In fact it's the only reason I haven't signed up here yet because this option is missing.

Eunoia

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
This is in the works?!? That's awesome! Besides the Short and Long Lists... is there a page that tells us exactly what is currently being worked on? Like a current priority list? Or is the Short List technically what is currently being worked on?

Murky

Awesome Player
Hiding Troops

Hey guys an idea just emerged from the murkyness inside my brain that it would be awesome to have a new map where you can choose to hide some troops. It could add another layer to the strategy of play. Nothing too "out there" - but in certain situations, particularly games with limited troop mobility and where a player wishes to build some troops ready to attack without alerting other players it could add another twist. There may be other situations where hiding troops could be good strategy - would all come out in the wash when people start playing.

The map could just be effectively the same as a normal map but maybe a jungle theme that goes with the camo and it could just be as simple as the other players see say three troops on a certain region, whereas the player knows there's 7. Might be other ways of doing it - be interested to hear what people think.

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
Sounds like a variation of the "Fog of War" idea. I'd not play it myself but some people like it.