• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Fixed Dice

3greenfrogs

Awesome Player
Hello everyone,

What is "fixed Dice"? What is different about it than chance?

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
there is no chance, it is pure math, as in whatever number of armies you attack with will always defeat precisely that number of defenders. there is some more explaination here under "force" https://wiki.majorcommand.com/Game_Options

Upvote 0

Daniel7

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
those words, in the link above, are for the past site. Now in the current play you can attack with 2 troops. You always win one dice and lose the other in FF

Upvote 0

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Hello everyone,

What is "fixed Dice"? What is different about it than chance?

This is where the dice only rolls 6s and 1s....so what does that mean? you will lose one troop and the defender will also lose 1 troop. For you to conquer a territory, you only need 1 extra troop. For example your enemy has 4 troops on a territory, you will need 5 troops to conquer it, then you will only have 1 troop left to advance into that territory. So yes, purely math. It's a fun setting!

Upvote 0

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
This is where the dice only rolls 6s and 1s....so what does that mean? you will lose one troop and the defender will also lose 1 troop. For you to conquer a territory, you only need 1 extra troop. For example your enemy has 4 troops on a territory, you will need 5 troops to conquer it, then you will only have 1 troop left to advance into that territory. So yes, purely math. It's a fun setting!
Unless you are going 2nd against someone that has all the math already worked out, and you lost before you even started. Of course, it is great if you're the mathtician and going first. :)

Upvote 0

3greenfrogs

Awesome Player
Thank you all for the explanation. I thought about this as a possibility... But I thought that surely it couldn't work. I'm surprised that it has been proven to be an acceptable way to play. I think I prefer chance, but I might give it a try!

Upvote 0