• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Firefox Extension Support

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
Questions about the Firefox extension? Suggestions for its improvement? Here's the place to ask.

Edit 12 December 2010
New 2.0 release:
-Now supports Firefox 4 beta. Since Firefox 4 basically does away with the status bar, the location of the icon has moved up to the address bar, which is the desired placement for addons.
-Location of icon has moved from status bar to address bar. See above for reasons.
-Middle clicking the icon will now take you directly to majorcommand. The left and right click functionality is the same.

I wanted to get the Firefox extension where i really wanted ti before moving on to the Chrome extension. Expect that coming soon :)

Edit 14 March 2011
New 2.1 release:
- Further improved toolbar compatibility across all versions of Firefox. Fixed glitches previously reported.
- Updated version support for FF4rc1 (as well as final FF4 release when that happens)

Download 2.1 Here!

Edit 29 June 2011
New 2.3 release:
- minor update to add support for FF4 and FF5 (and FF6).
- corrected image size, so no more large/small issue.

Download 2.3 Here!

Last edited:

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
When adding the mc icon to the address bar, it may not look correct. Please see the attached screenshot. The string of icons i have outlined in black in the screenshot is actually the mc turn notifier. just drag it to the address bar. fix coming soon.

Attachments

• mc.jpg
    mc.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 0

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
A-ha! I had just glanced at the customization menu and thought "Well I don't see a MajCom icon here..."

That screenshot clears it all up. Thanks.

Upvote 0

darincox

Awesome Player
Ahhh.. there we go. This would be great info on the download screen. Also, a link in this forum to the download would be good. It's impossible to find otherwise.

Upvote 0

darincox

Awesome Player
Hi Coda, suggestion for you... how about making the turn notification icon a red die when it's your turn? It would be much more obvious for the state change, then.

Upvote 0

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
Hi Coda, suggestion for you... how about making the turn notification icon a red die when it's your turn? It would be much more obvious for the state change, then.

i think that's a cool idea. i don't really make graphics, just write the code. if you supply me with some on/off icons i will implement them

Upvote 0

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
How is this?
85c5d1743fa69759c0806c32684a07e2.png

Attached is the actual PNG file

Attachments

• MC dice FF notifier v1.png
    MC dice FF notifier v1.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 0

Kjell

Awesome Player
Working well for me. Didn't show up at first so I had to right-click on my navigation toolbar, select customize then drag the major command notifier to the toolbar.

Upvote 0

Congentiatos

Awesome Player
I have successfully installed the extension icon and it works fine...when I am logged into MajCom...is there a way for this to work after I log out?

Upvote 0

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
Working well for me. Didn't show up at first so I had to right-click on my navigation toolbar, select customize then drag the major command notifier to the toolbar.

Yeah i have no idea how to make it just appear after installation.

Upvote 0

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
I have successfully installed the extension icon and it works fine...when I am logged into MajCom...is there a way for this to work after I log out?

The extension should work regardless of whether you are logged in or out. You can monitor anyone's turns really, even if you aren't a member of the site. The source of the data is an RSS feed for the username selected, so being logged in or logged out has no bearing on its functionality.

Upvote 0

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
Added a new version, 2.3 . I'm working daily on the Chrome extension, but it's completely different internally than Firefox so i have to re do everything from scratch. Hopefully i can have it done in a couple of weeks.

Upvote 0

Intrpt

Awesome Player
The Borg
Very nice job! Thank you for 2.3 version, it is correctly work on my FF5.
Nice again.

Upvote 0

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
Glad you like it. If you have any ideas for new futures or ways to improve existing features please let me know

Upvote 0

kakku-man

Awesome Player
do i have to have the rss feed already on for this to work ??
cause i don't see any change in the little yellow box even though i have turns to make.

so it aint working for me. im on a ff5.0.1 mac

Upvote 0

darincox

Awesome Player
I noticed it doesn't work with FF 8. Any plans to upgrade it? Also, replacing the yellow and grey square icons with the red and grey die mentioned earlier this year . I can provide graphics, if desired.

Upvote 0

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
I noticed it doesn't work with FF 8. Any plans to upgrade it? Also, replacing the yellow and grey square icons with the red and grey die mentioned earlier this year . I can provide graphics, if desired.

seems to work alright for me. I don't use firefox so i hadn't noticed something was wrong. i'll get it updated. you will need to supply the graphics if you want them updated.

Upvote 0

glenna73

Awesome Player
Hello,

Some extensions of chrome display an icon to the right of the address bar to the left of the wrench icon, and are the status icons, ie it can for example change color when an event occurs.
I do not know how feasible it is, but a small floating window just below the icon would be a good way to show once. Otherwise, the icon itself would be sufficient.

top infographics

Upvote 0

darincox

Awesome Player
Hi Coda,

What do you think of these? Though obviously getting it working in FF8 takes precedence.

If you need something different in size or format, let me know.

Attachments

• Die_red.png
    Die_red.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Die_grey.png
    Die_grey.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0