• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Dynamics of AWOL players in multiplayer games

mapguy

Awesome Player
If an AWOL player is Strat. class, he can come back if he does it before his 3rd. or is it 4th. missed turn. Lower class players are booted after 1 missed turn, and can NOT come back.

stonebergftw

Awesome Player
I didn't read the whole thread, but I really can't say that I support trying extra hard to make AWOL players feel un-cheated. Most of us are adults, and if you miss a turn, I say go cry boo-hoo elsewhere. Isn't it the type of players that go AWOL that we'd like to weed out anyways? I'd go as far as to say no deferred troops at all, but that's my cut-throat attitude I guess.

All in all, AWOL players add a variable to this game that needn't be there. I see no sense in catering to them.

LonBon

Awesome Player
AWOL in team games.

My biggest issue with AWOL players is when they're on my team. Every time that happens, I end up losing a game and not being able to do anything about it. I think that in team games, there should be some kind of system where the AWOL player's income is compensated to you, otherwise you just get screwed over.

kickingyourbutt

Awesome Player
I am an AWOL player and I keep getting skipped on my turn - it says pending re entry. How do I join the game?
I am a new player to MajCom and my comp refused to load the game after I joined a multiplayer game. I have tried to re-join many times but keep getting skipped due to above
Please help

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hi kickingyourbutt,

I looked at your game and you did everything correctly. After you re-enter you still miss a turn.

It looks like you did both, so you should be able to play this next round.

Good luck!

==========

P.S. Yes, When it says - "Returned to base and will resume playing on the following turn." it is a bit misleading. It should say something like "Returned to base and will miss this upcoming turn, but will resume playing on the following turn."

And when it says - "Skipping AWOL (pending re-entry) player...", it should say "Skipping final turn, Player will play next round" (or something like that)

Maybe we should change those?

Last edited:

dagnasty2

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The biggest issue I have had with AWOL players is in team games. I have been in a couple and am currently in one where the other teams player just went AWOL and by skipping his turn, with 5 cards, in an escalite game and the next player in line will be deploying with a set, scooping that players 5 cards by eliminating him and turning another set and well that was fun...

I do not know the solution, maybe there is not one, but it sure sucks when you get through a doubles game with a good partner, utilize solid strategy for a few rounds, then just get kicked in the balls by an AWOL at the least opportune time. Happens both ways I guess, but still sucks...