• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Delayed Deployement

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
I dont think your description matches what happened. Which round?

I think it does. Very first round. He began his turn, but never deployed. The next time it was his turn, he deployed 31.

deferredtroops.jpg

Last edited:

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
There were no "deferred" troops involved here (where "deferred troops" = troops you get when you are skipped).
His turn was not skipped. He simply started his turn and chose not to deploy. He was given 16 troops in round1. And he was given 15 more in round 2. They were given outright... not deferred.

It is by design that he is allowed to deploy them on his next turn. And he still gets his normal bonus for that turn too.

Last edited by a moderator:

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Right, I realize they're not the actual "deferred" troops, but it's basically the same thing. That should NOT be how it happens. That is incredibly lame that he chose not to deploy and gets to have a super-deploy on his next turn. Those troops should act like deferred troops and be deployed after the turn.

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Right, I realize they're not the actual "deferred" troops, but it's basically the same thing. That should NOT be how it happens. That is incredibly lame that he chose not to deploy and gets to have a super-deploy on his next turn. Those troops should act like deferred troops and be deployed after the turn.

I dont see why (of course Im not Mr. Strategy Game either). but the whole reason deferred troops are deployed at the end of the turn is so that opposing players arent "surprised". In this example you've provided, there is no "surprise". You knew he got the troops. Should he be penalized for not deploying?

This is a topic for a separate thread, and honestly I'm not the right person to debate about it. But from a technical perspective, this is functioning as designed.

stonebergftw

Awesome Player
I think this deserves some more discussion.

Nice find stonebergftw! I moved all the relevant posts to your thread here in order to make it more understandable.

--ORBOTRON

Last edited by a moderator:

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Well to avoid confusion:

zsp said:
Evan said:
I dont see why (of course Im not Mr. Strategy Game either). but the whole reason deferred troops are deployed at the end of the turn is so that opposing players arent "surprised". In this example you've provided, there is no "surprise". You knew he got the troops. Should he be penalized for not deploying?

This is a topic for a separate thread, and honestly I'm not the right person to debate about it. But from a technical perspective, this is functioning as designed.

But yes. They should be given out like deferred troops, b/c in a 1v1 game, really, a player cant prepare for a huge 30 stack coming at them in one turn (class mass>16 deferred troops>14 or so troops for their next turn).

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Correct, if you choose not to deploy your troops, they are lost. If your turn is skipped, your deferred troops need to come at the end of your turn.

having non deployed troops at the start of your second turn is a huge advantage.

stonebergftw

Awesome Player
Correct, if you choose not to deploy your troops, they are lost. If your turn is skipped, your deferred troops need to come at the end of your turn.

having non deployed troops at the start of your second turn is a huge advantage.

I agree with this. Being able to non-deploy, and then double-deploy the next round should surely be disabled. I can think of many situations where one party could get away with not deploying 1 round, still take little damage the rest of the round, and absolutely annihilate the competition the next round(who unfairly, had either A. No idea a double deployment was coming, or B. Had no idea where half of those troops would come from).

The problem lies with the rest of the players not being able to set up proper defenses.