• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Dear New Recruits:

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Before joining multi-player games, please take the time to understand the general function of a "doubles", "triples" and so on, game.

example, a Doubles Game: in this form of game, two players team together against two other players.. each team attempting to dominate the game 'together'. you are able to reinforce armies to your teammates, deploy on teammates, but cannot attack from your teammates territories.

you can use the wiki (see the tab at the top of the screen) or even read info from the forums (pointers, tips, et c).. it's important before joining more then just a 1 vs 1 game, that you understand the dynamics behind a multi player game. why? because people deserve if nothing more.. to have a teammate that at least knows the basics, as i've explained here.

it's no fun playing a doubles game without a willing/able partner at your side.
and it's certainly no fun playing a doubles game with a partner that attacks you.

- ghost

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
I LOVE that someone made a thread about this, b/c the necessity of it can't be put into words.

Noobs.

Here's the deal.

Don't play team games without at least talking to your teammate before the game and ensuring that they'll stick around for the game and are willing to talk strategy with you throughout the entire game. So many times, my usual doubles partner and I have played 2v2 games against players who have no concept of how team games actually work.

The object, obviously, is that your team beats the other team (everyone on the opposing team is eliminated). Once in the game, look at the list of names on top of the map. The players who are on the same team all have name's highlighted in the same color like so:
teams.jpg

You do NOT want to attack your partner, unless you're trying to get bonus armies by holding all the territories of the same color (click the brief tab while in the game for more details).

**MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW**
After you're done attacking (and if the settings of that particular game allow), you can reinforce your teammate(s) by giving them some of your troops to do what is in the best interest of your team.

But as ghost said, it's not fun at all playing with a bozo on your team. I refuse to play team games unless I trust that the player(s) on my team know what they're doing and won't miss any turns. So check out the chat often, or post in the forums if you'd like to find a partner to play with in some future team games. I've seen people become teammates just by talking a bit in the chat.