• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Curious of MajorCommand's BackStory

Borgified

Awesome Player
Very curious of MajorCommand's back story. Was their a split at ConquerClub? From what I've noticed, most of the people here and the creators of this site were former/current ConquerClub members:
1) Mr. Benn the Great mapmaker of CC
2) I think Borditas is from CC
3) Incandantis did you say you were form CC?
4) Robinetta who is definetly on CC.
5) etc.

I've played a couple games at Conquer Club and this site is WAY better already (YOU HAVE CLICKABLE MAPS, YEAH!)

I'm an avid player at Landgrab and I'm playing a few games here just to add to it, but I'm not planning to leave LandGrab as their product is full of options/features from years of invested time into the javascript coding.

Anways, good job so far and good luck to your team!

Last edited:

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I have to think that the creators of MajorCommand have been banned from ConquerClub by now as I don't think Brian, Andy and company would stand for an insurgency.

Nah, it's been a quiet revolution. :D

Cassidy

Deputy General
Awesome Player
Pretty funny to see the perception of CC users over on LG, namely the "Great mapmaker" Benn and Robinette's prominence (not to mention the ubiquitous misspellings :) —were you being serious wtih all of them?).

All of the MC founders (Benn not being one) are from CC, either under the same names or not. No, we haven't been banned, and some of us are quite active over there.

Since we're still developing we obviously don't have all the options we're striving to get, but thanks for the kind words. :D

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
All of the MC founders (Benn not being one) are from CC, either under the same names or not. No, we haven't been banned, and some of us are quite active over there.

Gonna have to disagree with you there buddy. I'm a founder and i'm not from CC.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I'm a founder and i'm not from CC.
Right, it's safe to say that this site is not a reaction to any one gaming site so much as it is simply an attempt to make something of high quality. Most of us have played at many other sites - including the one in which you are active Borgified - and we know that each site has strengths and weaknesses and that every site has its own appeal. Our hope is simply to put together a site at which people appreciate the strengths and stick around.

Cassidy

Deputy General
Awesome Player
Gonna have to disagree with you there buddy. I'm a founder and i'm not from CC.

Ha, sorry. You and evan, I know. Really unsure how that slipped my mind; after seven months you'd think…

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
For me personally, I have nothing against CC. I did get my start there - and have spent many many MANY hours over there contributing to that site. Lot of friends made over there as well. But it got boring for me and I wanted something more to do. The CC users that helped make this site, as well as the couple of others our boss brought together - we have great dynamics. Most of us have been together the better part of a year working on this site, and it's been an awesome time. I think very highly of all the centcom staffers here - you know who you are. None of us have bitterness towards CC. We're just introducing something new.

It's like when the television was invented, many people thought it would be the end to radio. But the radio survived and served it's market just fine.

well - you get the point.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
"None of us have bitterness towards CC. We're just introducing something new."

new & improved.. like jiffy pop vs. Orville Redenbacher...
or a fine wine. :p

Borgified

Awesome Player
Thanks for the info guys, very good to know. I have a bitterness against Conqur Club and I don't even play there. On LandGrab I made a post complimenting MajorCommand's design. The designer Mimbi introduced himself and we had a good conversation. LandGrab is secure in itself enough that the post is still there to this day and has like 16 posts discussing MajorCommand.

However, I made a post to discusss MajorCommand on ConquerClub, and it was deleted after only 15 minutes, 25 views. ConquerClub has an insecure owner/staff who feels threatened if you want to discuss any other site. I've also heard too many stories of friends being banned over there for the silliest of reasons. If you play too well as a newbie and go up the ranks too fast like my friend did, someone will get pissed and accuse you of being a multi and ban you. That's what happend to my friend BrianM. He just happened to be good and is ranked #3 on LandGrab so of course he's going to be good at Conquer Club too.

UPDATE: Today I received an email telling me I was banned from Conquer Club for my post that discussed MajorCommand.com. I guess you guys have them scared.

Last edited:

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Borg, I actually had a look at that thread (it'd been awhile since I'd visited LG, the site's looking sharp these days), and thanks for the kind words as always. I think you and some of the other commenters hit the nail on the head: we're not looking to supplant LG, because LG is going to have options and maps and what not that we won't, and vice versa. The same could be said about CC.

And I'm sorry to hear you were banned from CC. Though I'm sure they felt justified in doing so, seems like a precipitous decision. However, we're definitely not trying to get into a shin-kicking contest with anyone. :D

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
CC my playmate, come out and play with me..
and bring your rifles 3, slide down to Germany..
please eat my canon, while i blast you away..
and soon you'll see for sure, what truly is MC...

we'll steal your players, we'll entice them twice as good..
like you never ever thought, that anyone else could..
we'll be the best risk site.. that you will ever play
and it will be so fun to watch you fade away.

Last edited:

asunder

Awesome Player
I feel special having been the lucky one to be there when you wrote this...

It's even better to hear it sang in person <3 lolll

Can you write one for me in the dice suck thread abt how the dice love to be so mean?

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
I feel special having been the lucky one to be there when you wrote this...

It's even better to hear it sang in person <3 lolll

Can you write one for me in the dice suck thread abt how the dice love to be so mean?

you know it.
there is no ending to the amount of skills my fingers have in the evening. :p

(and if you take that sexual i am going to slap you.. and no asunder, i am not talking to you here.)

xo

asunder

Awesome Player
and no asunder, i am not talking to you here.)

xo

oh no i totally thought you meant when we focused so u could get that 1 with that 3. lol that kind of skill.. lolers