• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Clans are here!

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
LpDRxcx.png

The Clans feature of MajCom has largely been behind the scenes and only available to staff. Well no more. We are opening it up to strategists and commanders. We don't have any huge plans for clans just yet, but we just want to see what happens when they are public and open. Is there enough demand for a formal clan league? We will see.

So what is a clan?

At the basic level, a clan is a group of players who are identified together. They may be veterans, people from Ohio, real time players, or just a group of guys and gals who want to dominate other players and clans.

Clans will get their own clan page and also their own private clan forum where only clan members can see and post.

There is two types of clans. Social and Competitive. If you are just looking for likeminded compatriots to hangout and play with, a social clan is for you. If you are looking to be 'on a team' and compete, then you want a competitive clan.

You can be in multiple social clans at the same time, but only one competitive clan at the same time. Where do competetive clans compete? I'm not sure yet! This, like any new feature is a test. If a bunch of competitive clans form, then we can set up some sort of league.

Consider this a clan beta.

There may be bugs or issues with the clans as they have not been extensively tested. Please let us know of any issues at first. You can also let us know of feature requests, but they may not be a priority.

Starting a clan... requirements.

To start a social or competetive clan you will need the following:

• Commander class. (Strategist can join, but not start clans)
  • Four members minimum to start. These members must have agreed to join prior to application.
  • A clan name, insignia and banner (details in the link below)
  • If you can pull those together, click this link to get started. All clans must be approved by the Clan Director... which for now is me, Badorties. If you have any questions, just ask thread.

To see the current clans, just click this tab!
D49ZXqD.png

Thanks!

chefsmitty

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Once again, keeping things fresh and interesting! Love it! Well done again to all the staff at MC and keep it up!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
one question: there are 2 old 'competitive' clans, since they are inactive, are they going to be disbanded? I'd be in favor of that.

or make it possible to leave the old clans, they have too many inactive people to be useful.

Last edited:

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
i like it! :D

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
finally :), should there be a limit of players, at least for the competitive clans :? I guess that there should be, cause I guess that by the time it will hard to accept more join request to a single clan, that also will be complicated, in a clan let say that it start with 2 players taht deicide who to invite, and those invited will have another list of friendly players to invite, it will never end, we will be all in the same clan lol

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
finally :), should there be a limit of players, at least for the competitive clans :? I guess that there should be, cause I guess that by the time it will hard to accept more join request to a single clan, that also will be complicated, in a clan let say that it start with 2 players taht deicide who to invite, and those invited will have another list of friendly players to invite, it will never end, we will be all in the same clan lol

There is no hard limit. Im pretty sure a competitive clan will want to be selective about who they let in.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
one question: there are 2 old 'competitive' clans, since they are inactive, are they going to be disbanded? I'd be in favor of that.

or make it possible to leave the old clans, they have too many inactive people to be useful.

Those clans have been liquidated, as it was an experiment thats run its course.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I love this. I hope people get busy and make some clans!

Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Yeah a dutch social clan would me cool.

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
So no limit on numbers then? Hmmm i predict one huge powerfull clan

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
well, possibly. But I've already started planning for a competitive clan, which I want to limit to 10 players, at least to start. The people I messaged are all on the top 200 on the scoreboard, but they aren't the top 10 by any means. They are the players I like playing with, that I know are good players, and that I know I can count on. For example, I don't know you that well, Stone, so to start I didn't invite you. No offense, because its obvious that you're a great player, but I started with my 'friends'. My point is, there are still enough great players left out there to make several clans, and hopefully that will happen, and we can get some 'league'-type action going.

Maybe you should message some people and get one going???

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I have a feeling it is happening already... :D

I think Clan leaders should seriously consider self-limiting their numbers, like Cards said, to 10 or less to begin with. We need some diversity in order for the Clan Wars to begin.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Im thinking I should make a clans sub forum... for recruitment...

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I have a feeling it is happening already... :D

I think Clan leaders should seriously consider self-limiting their numbers, like Cards said, to 10 or less to begin with. We need some diversity in order for the Clan Wars to begin.

Yes, the COMPETITIVE clans should limit themselves. I see no reason for the social clans to do that.

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
True. Btw League of Shadows is meant to be in the Competitive section... must've been a mix up with the paperwork.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
nice group of players you have there, jskye. Look forward to some good battles.......

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
and so the lines of battle are drawn :D

Clans are fun!