• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

The Twelve Domains Bad advice in 12 domains video?

johnjdc

Awesome Player
I had never noticed this until I got hit hard by it in a game just now, but in the video bombardment is illustrated by blitzing a neutral. In fact, though, despite 1 being the minimum number of troops down to which you can bombard, the 1 neutral keeps fighting until you beat it (to no benefit).

I get that this is because that is what happens when an opposing player has the territory - you bombard them to 0 and they are replaced by 1 neutral, but in this case it means it would be much more sensible to assault rather than blitz!

lh34

Awesome Player
Yea, I've never really found a really great reason for bombarding neutrals in 12 domains, but yes if you do, blitzing is definitely not a good option

lh34

Awesome Player
Ok, I see--makes sense, I don't think i've played a border reinforcement game on that map, but now I see the use

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Yep, I have used it to get a 3 or 4 vs. 1 instead of vs. 2. Can be handy around turn 3 or 4 in some games. But yeah, don't blitz. :)