• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The Twelve Domains Bad advice in 12 domains video?

johnjdc

Awesome Player
I had never noticed this until I got hit hard by it in a game just now, but in the video bombardment is illustrated by blitzing a neutral. In fact, though, despite 1 being the minimum number of troops down to which you can bombard, the 1 neutral keeps fighting until you beat it (to no benefit).

I get that this is because that is what happens when an opposing player has the territory - you bombard them to 0 and they are replaced by 1 neutral, but in this case it means it would be much more sensible to assault rather than blitz!

lh34

Awesome Player
Yea, I've never really found a really great reason for bombarding neutrals in 12 domains, but yes if you do, blitzing is definitely not a good option

lh34

Awesome Player
Ok, I see--makes sense, I don't think i've played a border reinforcement game on that map, but now I see the use

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Yep, I have used it to get a 3 or 4 vs. 1 instead of vs. 2. Can be handy around turn 3 or 4 in some games. But yeah, don't blitz. :)