• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Assassin with 12 players

coolname

Awesome Player
If you play assassin with 12 players (just started such a game #000512), odds are quite high that if you eliminate someone, you'll loose (if you were to eliminate at random, chance you'll win is 1/11 and that you have given someone else the victory 10/11).
If everyone needs to stay alive, how can you get continents?

What am I missing?

Cassidy

Deputy General
Awesome Player
You don't really need to get bonuses. Assassin's a whole different game, and when you have more than 4 players on a decent-sized map, you should mainly go for small bonuses that don't weaken someone who's not your target, or just attack your target.

It's all about risk vs. reward, i.e. what's going to be good enough for you in the long run to take your eyes off eliminating your target ASAP. The other thing is making sure that taking a bonus isn't going to get someone else's target down to a few terts, for obvious reasons.

As for Mini, which is what I see you're involved in, just go straight for your target. That game won't take more than a few rounds, and is based mainly off of luck on the drop. However, you have to have a heightened sense of awareness as to whose terts your taking on your way to your target, as any one you take could leave a player down to only 1.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
(if you were to eliminate at random, chance you'll win is 1/11 and that you have given someone else the victory 10/11).

What am I missing?
Don't eliminate at random. Attack your target player, kill them and win.