• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

A Grand Game of Games: Rules discussion.

WPBRJ

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
Wait so if you attacked someone you don't get to play a game to defend your territory??? You should be able to play a game to defend your territory.

i agree you should be able to defend your original territory as well as play for the territory your attacking you win both you have 2 territories you split you have 1 and if you loose both ur out

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Wait so if you attacked someone you don't get to play a game to defend your territory??? You should be able to play a game to defend your territory.

You get to defend your territory if you move another army into it. All movements take place, then battles.

WPBRJ

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
You get to defend your territory if you move another army into it. All movements take place, then battles.

you or some asked how many army's do get to start? only way you can move to att another and leave one and or move one in the territory that you already own you need 2 men to do that

witch makes rule 7 confusing to me

7. This is pretty confusing, sorry. If you want to make sure you don’t swap with an enemy you have to move one your rear armies (from greenland) to Canada. Then Player B attacking Canada would have to battle for it.

Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
you or some asked how many army's do get to start? only way you can move to att another and leave one and or move one in the territory that you already own you need 2 men to do that

witch makes rule 7 confusing to me

7. This is pretty confusing, sorry. If you want to make sure you don’t swap with an enemy you have to move one your rear armies (from greenland) to Canada. Then Player B attacking Canada would have to battle for it.

Yes... you get one region to start. If you lose a round 1 game you are toast. round one is going to be a blood bath. it shouold normalize shortly after.

WPBRJ

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
Yes... you get one region to start. If you lose a round 1 game you are toast. round one is going to be a blood bath. it shouold normalize shortly after.

how do you gain regions then? if i am moving out of my region to att another and someone attacks the spot i just mover out of they get the spot because i am no longer there to protect it. i loose it and have to win my game to stay alive if i win i still only have 1 region

unless no one moves into my old spot then do you give me a man for that spot sinse you say its mine even no i am att another spot?

i do get the over all concept and really like it i just dont get how you increase your regions when you cannot defend what is already yours.

also if there is secrete diplomacy to make deals to swap spots the first round might not be a blood bath there might only be a few lost players and or games

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I am thinking that the "Grand game" is like "Diplomacy" (The Game)
and the decision of who wins is given in a game.

That means leaving a state blank still means it is yours until someone else takes it over.
But a blank state will have no defending games done.

If 2+ army move into a blank region, then they fight it out to occupy the region.

Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Ok here is an example, let me know if you see any obvious flaws...

Lets pretend the map is just asia for simplicity's sake.

Random drops are determined and the board looks like this.
ZCCZLow.png

Players send in their moves, each region gets one move. As you can see, three people have moved into russia, resulting in a 3 person game. One person moved out of russia to china, where another person has moved in, resulting in a 1v1.
OmMOqHr.png

Some regions are left undefended, however they will be under the players control or "influence" at the start of the next turn.
Cjf5BCA.png

After round 1, kows has won in russia and gets control, but his china has been taken by link theory who defeated th child. The players who attacked and lost, who also had influence over their first region get that back. Cardinals rule is the only player with two regions because he managed to both take a region and have nobody take over his home region. He will have two moves to make the next turn.
acz8PxT.png

Another option is that movements replicate an army. So linktheory moves into china, but also is in russia. So he ends up fighting in to two games. That might make more sense.

Last edited:

PKHustle

Awesome Player
I think I get it. Sounds really fun, and thanks for doing this as I assume this will eat up a decent chunk of your time.

Last edited:

OwlCraft

Awesome Player
I just <3 the whole idea of doing a Grand Campaign!