• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

SURVIVOR: MajCom : Season 1 : WINNER!

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
I wish we had gotten to the 12th round!
Anyway, I agree with ghost's analysis that communication was poor in the losing team. Having good and effective communication is not easy though, it takes practice and patience. In my case, at the very beginning I didn't have much to say because the initial map didn't highlight (to me) any immediate opportunity/threat on a strategic level, therefore I decided to wait a turn to see if anything clearer had emerged. However, in the following turns discussions seemed to be centered too much around tactical moves and not strategical goals. Also, there is a consideration of timing. If I am about to make a move, and I want to involve my teammates in the decision (should I go this way or that way) I need to have feedback now, not after my turn is over. With 8 players, and asynchronous play, that's just impossible. So, all in all, communication is easier said than done.
In my case, I am still learning.

Oh, and I nominate myself, so I am eliminated.

look at you and ashr running away... lol. "vote me vote me"... come on! this is survivor! you should not want to leave! :p

anyhow, here's the thing.. yes, we needed to communicate our opinions, after our turns.. before the other persons turn... it's not an issue of levels of communication, it was a simple LACK of communication. i don't want to tell people what their moves should be, i don't want to tell people what they should do. playing this as a team game, it is important we all agree on what we do, but in the end, if when it's your turn you think something else might work better then what your teammates suggest.. by all means, go for it. that's the whole thing, you learn.. as you go along. watch your opponents moves and learn from them.

i could go on for hours, bottom line.. neither one of you are voting yourselves off, because that's not in the rules. you're both going to send Bado a vote, and let the cards fall as they may! :p

asunder

Awesome Player
Yes it's definitely abt communication. You Deploy, Attack, & Reinforce as planned.. however, in the end it doesn't matter when u are consistently dice raped.

Fun game, onto the next!

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
i prefer the term, dead diced.. lol.

jeymo

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Hey, Is my team comfortable with the same map......or classic ( Escalate), 1 reinforce, and border) ??????

Spazm

Ambassador
Awesome Player
However, in the following turns discussions seemed to be centered too much around tactical moves and not strategical goals.

I believe the proper word is, "strategery." :D

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
A player can vote for their self. Either to be eliminated or to be moved to the other team. However this does not mean it will be so, as the votes still follow the rules, and majority or tie breaker will need to be reached.

So a new development.

has been voted off the island by his team.

and
has been voted to the opposing team

The new teams are

Team Kamchatka

and

Team Irktusk

As soon as Jeymo confirms the settings, the game will be created by me.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
ashr played a good hand indeed...
but this time around, let's focus.. ALL of US on communicating
before and after our moves. :)

Borgified

Awesome Player
Hey, Is my team comfortable with the same map......or classic ( Escalate), 1 reinforce, and border) ??????
Yes, comfortable with the same map and same settings, good choice.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Invite sent. Let the games begin!

The winning team will vote off 2 members of the losing team... so play to win!

Silver

Awesome Player
The invite didn't work for me, can I get a different link?

giuppi

Awesome Player
Team Kamchatka is already there... how long do we have to wait for you guys??

ashr

Awesome Player
I wish we had gotten to the 12th round!
... I need to have feedback now, not after my turn is over. With 8 players, and asynchronous play, that's just impossible. So, all in all, communication is easier said than done.
In my case, I am still learning.

Oh, and I nominate myself, so I am eliminated.

Too late, I already nominated myself, and was Eliminated. :)

ashr

Awesome Player
Yes it's definitely abt communication. You Deploy, Attack, & Reinforce as planned.. however, in the end it doesn't matter when u are consistently dice raped.

Fun game, onto the next!

Dice Raped. I love that expression, I hope it doesn't demean people who are from Dice Origins, or people who have been hurt by Dice in other ways.
I wonder if I can use that phrase publicly without seeming like an insensitive pig.

ashr

Awesome Player
Where is the GAME? I want to watch.!!

ashr

Awesome Player
Crap, chatter is only available to Playing members.

We need a chatter/trash talk interface where Viewing members can talk smack to playing players!!!

Go Red Team!!!

ashr

Awesome Player
Crap, I am also stuck with Default Colors, since I am not playing, and cannot therefore create my beauftiful Red vs Blue color arrangments.

ashr

Awesome Player
Still looks like Red is kicking Ass, wish I could "listen" in on the strategy to see what's going to happen next. Blue team is "doomed"

giuppi

Awesome Player
Guys what's the matter with missed turns? If you think you've lost already admit the defeat and let's move to the next game.