• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

World Cup

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Anybody else just watch that shit? Serious nail biter.

US may have been robbed early, but I think they may have gotten a gift with the foul before the late corner kick.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
I just wish the games weren't on at the crack of dawn, I'm not exactly the world's most enthusiastic morning person... but I did hear people hollering in adjacent apartments, so I took that as a good sign. And lo, it was. Bring on Serbia!

Oh, and on a related note, the first person I see at a baseball game with a vuvuzela, let's just say that person's farts will sound like angry bees for the next week. ;)

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
damn! I have been waiting all week for this game and this morning I just forgot all about it. I'm not Mr. Soccer but I love any sports that are of playoff nature. I don't even know if we won or the score. I still dont get soccer's scoring system. Do we advance?

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
And by "we", I mean the USA. There are some f***ing communist Canadians running around these parts I need to be careful not to group myself with them!

EDIT: I'm just joking with some of my Canadian pals. I just realized that not everyone on the site knows me anymore as it has grown, and so I should be careful not to say hateful things in case folx don't know I'm just joshin.

PS: What does "joshin" mean and how did it end up in my vocabulary?

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
damn. Now Im reading the recap and really regretting missing it. And the wimbledon match as well. Sucks

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
unfortunately i've missed most of the games. 4am PST is just not possible for me, and the later matches are right in the middle of my work day so im really hosed. This is the first time ive missed so much of the world cup.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
unfortunately i've missed most of the games. 4am PST is just not possible for me, and the later matches are right in the middle of my work day so im really hosed. This is the first time ive missed so much of the world cup.

Same with me, I've watched almost every game of every world cup since '94, but this year it's almost impossible.

Seems like instead of Serbia, the ole' US-o'-A will be taking on Ghana. Should be a great game, I caught a bit of Ghana's game against Germany and they look like a damn dangerous side.

And yeah, that Wimbledon game is NUTS, it's been the #1 topic of conversation in the office today.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Yeah I have missed every game of every world cup, ever.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Goin' to extra time against Ghana, holy crap.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
I've yelled louder... Artest's late 3 in game 7, or even better, when Vlad Guerrero drove in the winning runs against Papelbon in game 3 of last fall's division series. I wept when that game was over (I know, I know, but after years of getting killed in the playoffs by the fucking red sox, finally winning was such a release that I couldn't help myself... props to my girlfriend for not fleeing).

Still, bummer of a way for it to end. The US had quite a few chances, especially that fall-on-his-back shot by Altidore that went just wide, major letdown. Fuckin' Ghana.

Cassidy

Deputy General
Awesome Player
I guess I've yelled louder in joy, but never in anguish.

Fuckin' Ghana.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
I guess I've yelled louder in joy, but never in anguish.

Fuckin' Ghana.

If you were a bit older, that 2004 ALCS would probably be competitive... for me, there was that 2008 NBA finals game where the lakers coughed up a 25 point lead and lost... and that extra-innings homer by A-rod in this past ALCS didn't exactly have me weeping with joy.

Hell, the US team got robbed in the 2002 world cup against Germany in the quarters, the refs didn't quite see that a ball had crossed the goal line, would've tied the game up but the US lost. Sad stuff.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
missed today's game... glad I did.

Let's see, most heart-wrenching televised sporting moments... there are so many...

#3 - The snow job against the Raiders in the AFC Championship game. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but that moment convinced me that NFL games are fixed. I haven't sat through a game since.

#2 - Cal-Duke, 1993 tournament. Jason Kidd making a one-handed shot while crashing to the floor. Go Bears.

But at #1, the worst of them all, which will probably never be topped in my lifetime, was watching Gibson smack Eck for a homer in Game 1 of the '88 series. I have a friend who's a Dodger's fan, and he knows I'll pop him one if he mentions that at the wrong moment.

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
can you believe Spain beat Germany. I was upset.