• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Why isn't this place bigger and more well-known?

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
How do you keep track of the number of troops for a set in the board game? Was there a special counter?
There is a lit of bonus amounts along the bottom of the board. You simply pick any marker (we used a piece from a non-playing color), and just mark what the set value is. Once it gets to a certain amount, the value just increases by 5, like 25, 30, 35... if i remember correctly.

976faefde96935676f1069951184cecb.png

Last edited:

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Really? The (Dutch) version of the Risk board game I used to play gave you 4 troops for 3 artillery-cards, 6 for 3 infantry-cards, 8 for 3 cavalry and 10 for 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 cavalry-card.

That's interesting, I had no idea that the official card rules were different in other countries. I know lots of people played with "house rules" tho that were substantially along those lines (I myself am not a fan of that particular format, for a variety of reasons).

I'd be inclined to say that new player games should be escalate, not just because that was the card rule for most people I've spoken to who've played the board game, but also because there's less chance for stalemate. I've been in a few esca-lite and flat rate games that have gone on for some time...

paul4763

Awesome Player
Noob games sound like a great idea. One observation I've made is new people love playing the Massive map, think they are taken in by the allure of a huge game. But their interest soon wanes because they haven't prepared for the fact they are in it for the long haul with the huge map, hence AWOLers. I guess noob games would put an end to that.

Might be wise to start with 4 or 5 players instead of 6, shorten the waiting time. I'm sure a lot of people like the concept of playing online but just aren't patient enough to wait a potential 24 hours for a turn, this concept is alien to them. And should definitely be escalate, what Incandenza said.