• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

When good dice go bad.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
What makes you more mad? Losing 2 units over and over in a big/moderate size fight or not being able to take out 1 unit with around 10 troops? I go crazy with both but I think I hate it the most when you lose 5-6 troops when they only have one. Especially when you are trying to take out a large groups of ones.

Do you feel bad for the other guy when you roll through ten 1-army countries and (aside from the occupying force) only lose one army in battle?

The problem with dice that are completely random and entirely fair, is that we only remember the streaks of bad luck.

Restrepo

Awesome Player
I don't mind losing a couple of troops on 1's but I absolutely hate when the dice fails on my when i absolutely need them and so far it has cost me 3 games the past week

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
guess Bado checked "pick a day and dicerape him all day" for me. Twice already today, one 12 on 5, killed NONE, then 12 on 5, killed 2.
both prevented me from killing a target in a merc game, handed the game to someone else...

waaaaah!

Restrepo

Awesome Player
when is this mode that takes luck out of the equation comming out couse im in dire need of it.

Stinos

Awesome Player
If the dice gods fail me, I do a agry dance to piss them off.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I just say bad words and punt my wife's weiner dog. ;)

warneke

Awesome Player
NNnnooooOOOooooOOOOoo!!! Be nice to the doxie. I'm sure he's plotting against you.

It just took me 5 rolls to overcome a single troop. *sigh*

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
weiner loves me, in spite of the fact that I tell him regularly that I'm gonna rip off his back leg and beat him to death with it.....

he knows his momma won't let me do it...

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
jesus. I just saw a post by restrepo on another thread where he lost 8 throws in a row to a one. What are the odds?

I believe that I've got that beat, although I don't have a screen shot. Just started a turn with 12 armies on 5 countries, placed 3. Attacked 10 times in a row, all against countries with one. I now have five armies and didn't kill one.

what is the record for most losses in a row against a one? There should be a fucking medal for that.......

paul4763

Awesome Player
I knew there was bad dice thread somewhere. 16v3, ends 2v2. And 6v1 down to 1v1 and there was a territory that I needed for a command, it had 1 on it and I have it surrounded by three territories with 3 troops on and one with 5 on. The 1 withheld against everything. This was all in one go in the same game. At least it all came at once, eh?