• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

When good dice go bad.

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Just wondering what other folks do when the dice turn on them.
Me ! Well, I rant and rave,cry like a little girl and curse the dice gods for kicking me in the nuts.
Wife thinks I'm losing my mind.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I generally turtle up and resign to possibly snagging an win if the escalating sets gets high enough.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I use the in-game chat to bitch about my rotten luck, hoping that it will piss the other players off enough to take me out and put me out of my misery. This probably explains why my score will never break 2500.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
i get annoyed, finish my turn quickly...
then curse to Bado about how stupid the dice can be. :p

Restrepo

Awesome Player
i just lost 2 games to absolute noobs. why? becouse everytime i had the upperhand the dice hit me in the face with somekind of cruel irony. these guy where absolute noobs, im talking about not trying to break my commands even. they even got a 3 first reserves set 3 times in a row which is like a 3.6 % chance of happening if i have calculated correctly. And now i have to ask does this site give some kind of handicap to new players so they will stick around or something?

Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Sorry Restrepo, when I upgraded you to strategist I accidentally ticked "DiceRape" too. I have unselected that setting for you. All good.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
could you please go back in and 'uncheck' that box on my settings, too, Bado? Appreciate it.....

warneke

Awesome Player
Sorry Restrepo, when I upgraded you to strategist I accidentally ticked "DiceRape" too. I have unselected that setting for you. All good.

Where do I send a muffin basket? After the last few rounds I've had, I could SWEAR that such a box has been selected for me too. Its been baaaaaaad...

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
After all I've done for the blitz button, this is how I get repaid.....

98526556c6419b0b978292b81c7046ad

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
I bricked a 90% shot, and then the very next game hit a 2v1 to barely save a 90% shot. Both games, I could've won with even moderate dice, since thankfully I've been beating people like redheaded stepchildren recently. As the French say, quelle fromage.

Restrepo

Awesome Player
I bricked a 90% shot, and then the very next game hit a 2v1 to barely save a 90% shot. Both games, I could've won with even moderate dice, since thankfully I've been beating people like redheaded stepchildren recently. As the French say, quelle fromage.
Yeah i hate when you loose a certain kill in a round but when you look for an easy card you win an almost impossible shot like 2v1

Gnarly

Awesome Player
What makes you more mad? Losing 2 units over and over in a big/moderate size fight or not being able to take out 1 unit with around 10 troops? I go crazy with both but I think I hate it the most when you lose 5-6 troops when they only have one. Especially when you are trying to take out a large groups of ones.

Also, I am curious what people think. I am a competitive guy but I don't mind losing. I play a ton of sports and never get upset when I lose. I just have fun. Other games like computer or board games I just enjoy. But there is something about the dice going bad that makes me punch things and threaten my computer to be thrown out the window. Can anyone else relate?

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Well.. we have an upcoming feature that will certainly keep your computer from ending up on the lawn.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
It basically takes the luck out of the dice equation. So you can plan your moves with absolute certainty.

Gnarly

Awesome Player
It basically takes the luck out of the dice equation. So you can plan your moves with absolute certainty.

Hmmm, so would that be an option to select when creating a game? I like it as an option.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
yes of course.