• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

USA Massive Map

thenoahw

Awesome Player
And another thing that needs to be noted, Some smaller states are combined. Maryland, Delaware, and that small piece of Virginia are all "Maryland". Also, Massachusetts has annexed Rhode Island and Connecticut. I believe those are the only ones

thenoahw

Awesome Player
Im going to revive this thread. Im starting a new map on the same premise. The difference is that this time I am starting with impassibles and then looking at state regions and territory divisions. With school getting back in last year i totally lost this thread and the maps I had in the endless files of my computer. Im going to get this thing playable!

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I just came by this thread and already I want ti see the next phase. Good work thenoahw

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
This is my 100th post. I was wondering if there has been progress on this map concept?

thenoahw

Awesome Player
This is an updated version. I still used a county map but instead started with impassibles this time. With those first I lost the ability to maintain state boundaries so the idea I had of having state and then region command bonuses was lost.

Now, the largest problem I am encountering is the Rocky Mountain and West North Central region. I am trying to arrange borders so that it is still practical to hold them when you aren't working from the West to the East or vice versa. The problem area is indicated on the second map in the large oval. The small white lines are possible Bridge locations. Still maintaining the idea of making the region defensible. any advice or recommendations are welcome especially regarding the border issue in and around the Rocky Mountains.

Attachments

• usa massive.png
    usa massive.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 102
  • usa massive possible bridges.png
    usa massive possible bridges.png
    80 KB · Views: 89
  • regions idea.jpg
    regions idea.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 96

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I love the idea.

Only think that I would say is that somehow the bonuses or the boarder have to be figured out in a way where the North East is not so dominate.

I led a big campaign to reduce that bonus from (3) to (2) on the original map. I think that helps - but I still think it is way to dominate. I don't play that may too often because once someone locks down the Northeast - the game is usually over (even if people do not realize it right away).

FLAGG

thenoahw

Awesome Player
I had thought about including water territories such as the ones on the Balkans map. I was thinking I would put ports somewhere in MI, NY, Maine, NJ, NC, FL, LA, and TX. Then some on the West coast of necessary

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
I had thought about including water territories such as the ones on the Balkans map. I was thinking I would put ports somewhere in MI, NY, Maine, NJ, NC, FL, LA, and TX. Then some on the West coast of necessary

Major airport hubs or rail networks would provide a means to move around the map faster and also create a de facto choke point. (at least for fast movement).

Just an idea.

thenoahw

Awesome Player
Major airport hubs or rail networks would provide a means to move around the map faster and also create a de facto choke point. (at least for fast movement).

Just an idea.

Are you suggesting that select provinces have something like an airport icon which would allow you to attack any other airport province? Similar to the airstrips in the Africa map?

Please correct me if Im wrong. I wanna get this right

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Are you suggesting that select provinces have something like an airport icon which would allow you to attack any other airport province? Similar to the airstrips in the Africa map?

Please correct me if Im wrong. I wanna get this right

Yeah. That was what I was getting at. Rails would also be really cool.

But, there is no right/wrong at this point, just ideas. :)

thenoahw

Awesome Player
I don't know if I would want to include railroads because those are on land and it wouldnt make sense for the railroads to be able to skip over the provinces they go through. I think I'll stick with the airports and the sea territories

thenoahw

Awesome Player
Here is the rough with the ports and airports

Attachments

• usa massive ports and air ports.png
    usa massive ports and air ports.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 69

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
How many terts are on that map?

thenoahw

Awesome Player
111 (134 if you make the ports and airports separate territories within the ones they are placed on)

thenoahw

Awesome Player
Changed the Mass. possible port to an airport

Attachments

• usa massive ports and air ports.png
    usa massive ports and air ports.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 74

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
HOW many terts are on that map? You need to consolidate. There's no way that troop containers could be put on that map, plus it looks like there's 500 terts at least. I mean, there's ~75 terts in IOWA. I'd say you need to cut the number of terts to about 1/4 of what you have. Using CM as a guide, it has what, about 140-150 terts?

Last edited:

thenoahw

Awesome Player
127terts (150 (+23) if you make the ports and airports separate territories within the ones they are placed on)

The only reason it looks like so many is because I used a national county map in paint. groups of same-coloured counties are one territory. like-coloured territories are a command. I will make a revised map with troop indicators (like on my USSR concept) as soon as I can

Last edited:

thenoahw

Awesome Player

Attachments

• USA Massive with indicators.png
    USA Massive with indicators.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 96