• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Upcoming Games you're looking forward to...

yeti

Awesome Player
So - I've got a PS3 and a PC... PC's not much cop these days though so might need an upgrade...

But here's a list of games that I'm looking forward to this year

Gran Turismo 5 (November 2 - on PS3) - I really can't wait for this game - the reason I bought a Playstation was for the original - and the reason I bought a PS2 was for GT3... it's going to be amazing.

Civilization 5 (September on PC) - This is the daddy of all PC games - I've been playing Civ since the original back on my Amiga off of Floppies - Civ 4 (the latest one) was awesome and on DVD... I'm really looking forward to the new one - but I'm desperately worried that my creaking PC isn't going to be able to run it!!!

Star Wars : The Force Unleashed 2 (Later this year - On most formats) - I rented the first of these games and it was a good laugh - but lacked longevity... I've heard that the new one is going to be bigger and better than the previous - killing stuff with the force is always a winner!!

So - what are you guys looking forward to?

C.

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
I've been putting off replying to this thread because i knew it would be a lengthy reply. I've always been a huge gamer, since i was a little boy. I've gone from being a console gamer, to a pc gamer, and then back to a console gamer. Now i play both, although since i do a lot of my work on the pc, i tend to play more console games than pc. So without further ado...

Dragon Age 2 [PC]
I have a love hate relationship with the original DAO. The game play mechanics were absolutely top notch, and really set the bar for western RPGs, however the story and characters were bland. The class system was very generic, and it just caused the game to go stale too soon. Hopefully Bioware takes the core mechanics of the original DAO, and builds a more interesting story/character system around it.

Max Payne 3 [PC]
Always been a huge fan of the series. I really hope they don't fuck this one up, but i have a feeling they will.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution [PC]
A huge fan of the original, the sequel not so much (but who really was?). Based on what i've seen it should be a pretty decent romp, although its not looking like it will match the original. Probably my most anticipated title.

Pokemon Black/White [DS]
Yeah im sure i'll get a lot of flack for this one but i had to put it down. A true pokemon 3D is something i've wanted for a long long time. It looks amazing, and the new mechanics should spice the formula up a bit.

Nintendo 3DS
I know this is a handheld and not a game... but damn this thing looks cool. Will be picking this up as soon i can.

Portal 2 [PC]
well if you don't know... shame on you.

This is mostly PC stuff i know, but there just isnt really anything interesting to me on the PS3 horizon for the near future. Their E3 showing was fairly lackluster if the best they have to show is Killzone 3.