• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Uninvite player or start game anyways?

taylormorgan

Awesome Player
Hi,

I've looked through the help and forums for this, but can't find it. I have a group of friends who I invited to start a game. 5 joined plus me and are "awaiting". The other changed his mind and can't join us. So do I have to create a whole new game and have all of us rejoin the game, or can I just rescind his invite or start the game anyways without him?

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hey taylor,
Yeah, once you create a game, it needs all slots to be filled before it will start. There's no way to push it to start without all the slots filled.
Your best bet would be to start a new game with one less slot and get all of your friends to drop out of the first one and join the new one.
Once the first game is empty it will eventually disappear from the open games.

Being able to push a game to start without filling all of the slots would be a cool feature though if we were looking for things to add (very close to the bottom of the list mind you) to the site recode.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hey Taylor,

These are your options....

1) You can just invite someone else to fill his spot, just tell them the password.
2) You can post a link to the game in the forum with the password, someone else might join.
2) You can start another game with only 6 players instead of 7
3) If you and all your friends drop out this current game, then the game will disappear if there are no players.
4) You can ask me, and I can delete the game for you, but then you will still need to create a new one.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
5) Or if you want, I can add a "dummy player" which will just act as a neutral and not actually play.

Upvote 0

Raken

Awesome Player
I am happy to join if you need another player. I am pretty poor so wouldn't ruin the game. Also never played that map.

Upvote 0

taylormorgan

Awesome Player
Thanks all. NewSheriff, I'll take you up on the dummy neutral player. Nothing against anyone else, but the 7 of us know each other IRL. :) The game is 264789. Many thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Okay, Player added!

LOL - Next time Raken I'll send you a personal invite to play a game! But you get +1 for making the offer and double +1 for posting at exactly 11:11 !! :D

Upvote 0

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
you know Sheriff - he didn't actually post at 11:11 for me, but at 08:11, which is in actualy fact 09:11 in RL. The clocks on this site all run at different times, and in order to have the forum clock show the time that I'm actually seeing on my clock, I have to set to a different timezone than I'm in, since, although it says GMT +01:00 it is not taking summer time into account.... Is that something you could look into?

In-game, I would love to have the timers (record and chat) to actually show the times of my set time zone, but that is probably going to have to wait until the re-code, right?

Upvote 0

Raken

Awesome Player
I will hold you to that Sheriff! The time for me was 7:11. Sebrim, I think the difference will be due to daylight saving as it is also out for me

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Ah. I always thought it was set to server time, since I was never able to sync it to my own timezone. Nonetheless, I'm not even going to start thinking about clocks right now!

Upvote 0

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Upvote 0

taylormorgan

Awesome Player
Well its okay with me I don't know if teams are already determined at this point, its only my second team game.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Teams are determined by the color of the slot you join. Wookie needs a teammate, and so does jalexj.

Upvote 0

Biosphere

Awesome Player
I accidently created 3 times the same game, how can I delete the other two?

Upvote 0