• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

UDOs

dudeiamgood

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
What exactly is meant by Unique Defeated Opponents? Does it mean people you have defeated overall, like not including games and just meaning overall people, or does it just mean the people I beat in all the games I won, even if I beat someone twice?

Let me rephrase that to make it clearer
Is it either:
1. If I beat someone twice, he only counts once because he is one Unique Defeated Opponent
2. If I beat someone twice, he counts twice because it is two Unique Defeats of an Opponent

If it's option 1, I don't see how you can beat 1,000 people for the Onyx medal.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
It's option one.

And it has been done.

Upvote 0

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
have a look at the scoreboards. Cardinalsrule has defeated over 5000 people. There are definitely a 1000 unique names in there... :)

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
The 1000 level is gold, which I have. The Onyx level is 5000, which is a LONG way away. Maybe once the rebuild is done and we can see our stats, I'll know how far away I am from that. But with 5000 kills, and so very many of them repeats, I'd guess that I have less than 2000 UDO. A LONG way away from Onyx. If I'm due Onyx in anything, I'd say its the CM map.

It's been quite a while since I got the Gold, maybe a year(?) so I'd guess, as I said, that I'm between 1500 and 2000 now.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
It's option one.

And it has been done.

As far as I know, there's only been one Onyx medal awarded, for the CE map. I don't remember who it is, but I do remember seeing it and being disappointed because I thought I was going to be the first to get one.

Upvote 0

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
There was a discussion about this topic about 1.5 half years ago. (I'm sure there were more discussions over the years, but that's one I remember.)

wiseviking has an onyx for evolved, gold for 12 domains. I don't know of anyone else who has an onyx, but its possible.

I checked WiseViking's profile now, only the CE gold is shown, but maybe he got the onyx, too.

Anyway, I always tought that the onyx medals are waaay out of proportion. An interesting fact: 1.5 years ago there were 5700 active members on the site, now 1300. It is simply not plausible to have 5000 unique kills with these kind of numbers.

The site is what, 4.5 years old, and there is 1 onyx medal out there... maybe?

And 8-10 gold udo medals altogether?
Only 9 people with consecutive UDO gold?

It's even worse with the team medals: it's not going to happen ever that someone gets 1000 unique kills in quad games. Ok, in 15 years time maybe.

I'm not sure this is a problem, but I'd really think about changing the medal system, too.

I'm trying to reach the triples gold now, I counted the other day: I'm at 117 kills (plus maybe a few from tournies). I don't even know how to reach this goal. Most of the regulars (who can be persuaded at all to play team games) are on my list already, so this is the awkward moment when I have to start inviting people who I don't even know, or post my game in the public section for ... wait for it, wait for it.... noob farming!

I know cards has the triples gold... anyone else? And that's just the gold.

Hmpf. Grumpycat is not amused.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I agree with you, I think that 5000 UDO for Onyx is close to unattainable. I've been playing about 3.5 years on the site, have more kills than anyone else (by a fairly substantial margin), and am probably about 1/3 of the way to an onyx. Considering that virtually every regular is already on my 'list', getting ~3500 more probably won't happen before I die. The onyx medals for other things (map explorer) are a little better, I believe that I'm owed one for CM, as I said, but no way to verify that.

Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
The onyx for map explorer is about right i think. The highest achievement of a medal should be awarded to only a select few and dedicated people. I am probably close on the classic evolved, but no idea how close. i played real time classic evolved exclusively for like my first year.

The other UDO medals could be lowered a bit. We need them to be realistically achieveable. I have been playing doubles games off and on for 6 months to a year and only have 1 medal. Guess i am not much of a noob farmer. :) And then should they be different for doubles/triples/quads/fivers/sixers?

I just got my 500 UDO after 2 years of play and it is a silver. Seems like a bit of a reach for most players coming to the site. (while i signed on in 2011, i took a year off)

Hopefully improved sight and more bodies will help.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
And then should they be different for doubles/triples/quads/fivers/sixers?

I don't think so, you play more people in a sixers game than in a dubs game generally, so you'd naturally pick up more UDO's in those games. I think having the numbers the same is OK. But I think they should all (except for map explorer) be lowered a bit to make them attainable.

Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
The good news, during this whole process, the owners now have years of data. When the medals were first created, it was all a guess at what they should be. Now you have 12 players with over 2,000 career wins and how many others with over 1,000 wins?

They can start playing with the numbers to know approx how many games it would take to obtain any level of award they want to determine.

Upvote 0

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I so you'd naturally pick up more UDO's in those games.

Yes, that's true.
However, there are only a few team games out there. If the search function works right, out of the 234745 games so far:

Crusades: 4 (!) games

Sixers: 170 games

Fivers: 26 (!) games

Quads: 345 games

Triples: 1067 games

Doubles: 5505 games

Plus the the tourney games, of course.

So, 3,03% are team games, without the doubles it's 0,69%. Without doubles and triples: 0,23%. !!!

*EDIT:
If you think about it, it would be reasonable to have a medal for winning simply 1 puny crusade. Or is there anyone around who won 5 fivers? I won 3, that should be a silver medal right there.
(Ok, I checked it, cards won 6 out of 6. Sigh. Hm. We should find a way to nullify cards' record. Just saying.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
They can start playing with the numbers to know approx how many games it would take to obtain any level of award they want to determine.

Yup, exactly.

Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Actually, I would hope they would take a look at the stats for map medals. UDO map wins is tough! I am lucky to win 60% of may weekend 1v1 Classic Mini or Duck and Cover. So about 3-4 wins a week. And then how many have I played before?

I would think just calling it map wins would be good. If you play 4 games a week on a single map and win 3 for a 75% win/loss ratio. It would take 166 weeks to achieve an onyx. That is without making them UDO.

I would use cards as an example and run his stats, he has more wins than anyone. If he doesn't have an onyx for most maps, I would be very discouraged if I were just starting out and want to achieve medals. And then I look at the biggest winner on the site and see he hasn't even won the highest emdal I would be greatly dissapointed and not looking towards how long it would take me to achieve that much success.

Upvote 0

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
An interesting fact: 1.5 years ago there were 5700 active members on the site, now 1300. It is simply not plausible to have 5000 unique kills with these kind of numbers.

It was found that several thousand of these "active users" were actually bots (spam accounts). They were deleted. We didn't have a mass exodus of 4000 people.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I would use cards as an example and run his stats, he has more wins than anyone. If he doesn't have an onyx for most maps, I would be very discouraged if I were just starting out and want to achieve medals. And then I look at the biggest winner on the site and see he hasn't even won the highest emdal I would be greatly dissapointed and not looking towards how long it would take me to achieve that much success.

I see your point. Once the map medals start again we'll be able to tell a lot more, but truthfully I expect an onyx on CM (hopefully) and that's it. I'll have gold on almost all the others, except the newer ones. This is my current list:

classic massive gold
Far east gold
south america gold
cold war gold
evolved gold
usa silver
12 domains silver
north america silver
british isles silver
mini silver
nukes bronze
mars bronze
duck none
australia none
antiquus none
Africa none
philippines none

everything released after Philippines is "none" also. The reason I find this interesting is because this dates when the map explorer medals stopped working. Probably within a couple of months from the date the Mars map was released.

My point is not to brag, but to show that gtivan is right - if I'm nowhere near Onyx, what is a noob going to think if he looks at that? Those medals are virtually unobtainable. I'm hoping, as I said, to get the Onyx on CM, but I doubt I'm anywhere near getting it on any other map.

Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
This could be posted in the I am happy thread, but i will do it here.

I just found where you guys are getting some of your stats. In the find spefic game you can do paramters for old games!!!

I just got done doing some 10-keying and did all my wins for S America. Have columns for map names, # of players on team, game number, and defeated opponent name.

Almost at a silver!

I am rather discouraged with only 58 wins, but 45 or so were UDO.

The Sheriff better get his medals right, by the end of the week I should have everythhing keyed in except for my Classic Evolved. I wont bother doing that. Over 200 of those wins were 1v1. I will capture any team games I have on it though.

Upvote 0

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Yes, it's a nice feature :)

Unfortunately it doesn't show tournament games. Also, it'll only show 100 results even if you have more. If you have more than 100 games on a certain map, first do the search and then add &maxResults=1000 to the link and press go. The number can be whatever you like.

Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Yes, it's a nice feature :)

Unfortunately it doesn't show tournament games. Also, it'll only show 100 results even if you have more. If you have more than 100 games on a certain map, first do the search and then add &maxResults=1000 to the link and press go. The number can be whatever you like.

Awesome! Thanks

BTW, once good stats are available. or people go through the work of 10-keying everything in. Doesn't UDO map wins encourage more noob hunting than a straight map wins medal?

And just checked it our on my classic evolved. Over 800 games played. If I remember right I had close to a 70% win ratio at the top of my game. So around 500 games to key in. Oh boy.... It will be saved for last.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0