• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

troop count centering issues

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
This is from a discussion being held in CentCom which Badorties asked to have continued over here.

The centering of troop counts on the army containers seems to be off. What I have found on the Europe map is that the counts seem to consistently drop one pixel high on the containers. I can work around this by either adding two pixels or empty space to the bottom of each container image (increasing file size) or cutting two pixels off the top of each image (cropping the container). Neither is a true fix.

RK had a different experience:

i think it takes into account total image size, and not viewable/transparent areas of the circle. What would be nice is if there was a setting in map admin to pick the size and placement of armies, instead of the engine sizing/placing for you.

For massive, I had to expand my container 1 transparent pixel to the right in order to center the digits.

And here's an entirely different issue from WM, who is having trouble with his UK map centering:

Bight now on UK, it is not really an issue of loction but scale. My numbers are OUTSIDE the actual oval/circle.

-How are the numbers sizes determined
-How are the located in the shape
-Do fonts use fraction sizes or integer sizes

If I can set teh fnt type, size and center all of that to teh troop container is photoshop, then there would be no issue once uploading IF the containers and font are located based on the center of the container image. (which i beleive they are not). I think they are located from teh top left.