• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Territory mouse over ID

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Dear Powers That Be,
Maybe I'm the only one, but I can't remember what T-shirt I wore yesterday, much less the names of all the territories on these beautiful maps. It would be super duper if I could get aforementioned names by simply mousing over them any old time, day or night, whether I'm even in the game, or just observing.
Yours Humbly,
ORBOTRON

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Well, if you click the Names button up there in the top toolbar, that'll show all the region names. As far as mouse-over names, I don't believe that's on the to-do list for the moment.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
It is nice having the option to turn them on or off, as I like the uncluttered look, but I'm a typical lazy american who doesn't like to do things like move my cursor more than an inch to accomplish anything.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
maybe names should be on by default.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I can't decide if names on by default would be better or not.... It would be easier for people new to the site, but also in my opinion their first glimpse of the maps would be tainted. That's just my opinion as I think the maps are one of the big selling points here and I think they look better with names off. Now in a perfect world there would be 3 options, names on, names off and names off with mouse-over.

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
I thought a long time ago we decided that it would be a user setting/preference to set names on by default.

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I thought a long time ago we decided that it would be a user setting/preference to set names on by default.

Sounds sorta familiar. I don't have a case for it though. So not 100% sure.

francismart7

Awesome Player
I say names should be off by default, but they should be displayed on mouse over.

Also, can the bordering territories be displayed on mouse over as well? Similar to how they currently show up during the attack phase. It's handy to know, for sure, that I'm not placing armies on a region that doesn't border any enemy regions.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Agreed.

Mouse over for names during any phase
Mouse over for borders during any phase

Spazm

Ambassador
Awesome Player
The mouse over showing bordering territories would have really lessened the learning curve on British Isles and South America maps for me.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Yeah, I didn't even think about the borders, that's even more important, good call

thuggalatus25

Awesome Player
New guy here just wanted to say that names on by default sounds best to me with the option of mouse over on borders and territories