• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Team Merc AWOLers

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I think that if your partner goes AWOL in a team merc game, you should at least be able to get points for taking them out before your almost inevitable demise

coolname

Awesome Player
The way I understand team merc games, you actually do get those points. So do take out your AWOL-partner

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Yeah, merc doubles games are more of a bug than a setting right now. You have to kill the other team and then turn on your teammate and kill him. Its a most unfortunate bug, though some like that kind of style of play more than others.

We were mostly asked to just avoid the setting altogether till it can be removed. However, it was nice of him to go awol, because now you are fully justified in killing him. Not sure when the points are awarded though. If during the game, you get them, at the end, all you get is the satisfaction of exterminating a draft dodger.

Unless of course he comes back to tell you how sick he or she was and is sorry they missed their turns.... then all is lost.

Last edited:

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
cool, this was 3 weeks ago, you really did some forum digging, lol. I'm pretty sure it was just before this bug became a big discussion. I'm fully aware of the bug and discussion, although I do appreciate you taking the time to answer a seemingly unanswered question here, good form! :eek:D

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I dont remember digging, but it is an old one I guess. Not sure how I stumbled on it.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Cool did the digging, once he posted, it shows up when you click "what's new" in the forum

coolname

Awesome Player
Well, it was not a real deep dig. Because new threads are fairly rare in this part of the forum, this question was still top 5 when I answered it. (at least that is what I recall, looking at the list I see >10 threads that are newer, I probably did some unintended digging)