• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Team assassin game negative points?

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
Me and WM just had a glorious victory over Badorties and Jason. It was quite marvelous, however it would appear i received -34 points for this victory.

DdSG5.jpg

It may be because Jason was my enemy, however i believe that in team games that doesn't really matter does it?

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
team assassin games seem problematic to begin with. I wouldn't be opposed to eliminating the option altogether. It's not as if the object of a 2v2 assassin game is any different than a 2v2 standard game - kill your opponents.

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
i talked to evan about this and he says it is an issue with the algorithms we use to determine point gain/loss. apparently this is correct by design. if this is so something is seriously wrong with our system. at no point should i be losing points for winning, regardless of the point difference between me and the loser.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
yeah team assassin is uh... pretty retarded. unless its like 12 person doubles. I would have no problems killing the option until people wanted it and we can figure out the point issue.

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
i liked it. it added sort of a strategy thats not their in normal team games.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
team assassin games seem problematic to begin with. I wouldn't be opposed to eliminating the option altogether. It's not as if the object of a 2v2 assassin game is any different than a 2v2 standard game - kill your opponents.
Yes it is. Since you only need to kill 1 of the opponents it is different. I say keep it.

And a question. Why is it hard to calculate points. We won. just calculate the points as if it were a standard 2v2 or 2v2v2 game. Or am I missing something.

Here might also be the issue
Code:
07/13/10 17:49:57  [B]Badorties Awarded 109 points.[/B]
[U]07/13/10 17:49:57  codanostra Killed the wrong target! (Badorties)[/U]
07/13/10 17:49:5 Badorties Eliminated by codanostra

Since I did not actually kill my target, that screwed up the game. I want my 109 points back lol

Last edited: