• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Taking out your own Partner

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
I think a change in terminology may resolve this issue. Lets not say that you are killing your team mate. Instead we can say...

You are assimilating your team mates forces and using their reserve assets.
or
You are merging your ally's forces under your command.
or
You are reliving the allied commander of duty to steamline the war operation and accelerate the reserve and training process.

All good?

i'm absolutely fine with all of those suggestions. :p

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
i feel like i should also add, that in NOT killing your partner for his/or/her reserves, and allowing another team to GET those reserves that you BOTH have worked so HARD to achieve.. well, it seems like purposely throwing the game, to me.

in my opinion, you make tough choices, you take risks to get ahead,
correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that in general what the whole concept of the game truly is?

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
I'd say you're taking a calculated risk in the decision to either eliminate your partner or to let him live in hopes that no one else will take him/her out. This would be the result of a number of possible situations on the map at the moment: how many troops does your teammate have, how spread out are they, how many troops are your different opponents getting and will it be enough to take your opponent out, etc. As teammates, you need to communicate what's going on and come to the decision that is best for the team. I'd rather my teammate (for the most part, I only play team games with players who I know are legit players who know what they're doing) take me out than my opponent b/c I'd be looking out for the person that I'm playing with rather than the opponent(s).

The problem with merc dubs in my eyes, is that it's not very team-oriented. Each player is now determined to selfishly take out opponents to earn their own points instead of working together strategically to dominate the map. Teammates are less inclined to help a brotha out and fort/deploy on their teammates and it basically just turns into a free-for-all merc game. I guess different game types/settings require different strategies and maybe you guys make a deal that I'll take out red and you take out blue and whoever earns the least amount of points gets to take out the teammate?

But what if my teammate helped take down red a little for me so it will be easier for me to eliminate that player, but in the end, he really hurt himself and either red or blue eliminates him, maybe before it's even my turn?

I don't know, there's so many possible consequences that could happen on team merc games, that I choose to not play them. But that's just me. :)

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The problem with merc dubs in my eyes, is that it's not very team-oriented. Each player is now determined to selfishly take out opponents to earn their own points instead of working together strategically to dominate the map. Teammates are less inclined to help a brotha out and fort/deploy on their teammates and it basically just turns into a free-for-all merc game. I guess different game types/settings require different strategies and maybe you guys make a deal that I'll take out red and you take out blue and whoever earns the least amount of points gets to take out the teammate?
:)
It is team oriented because your team shares in points. If I kill my teammate, I receive no points. If I kill an enemy, I split the points with my teammate.

I don't think it works the way i described right now. But I believe there are fixes coming which solve this issue and it will work like I described.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Hmm..I see. Well in that case, completely disregard everything that I just said.

Still would rather play standard dubs though :)