• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Suggestions

MrBenn

Awesome Player
I don't know if this is a bug, but there's nowhere obvious to post suggestions... I'm torn between the MajCom forum and this bugs/fixes forum.... Where's best to throw out random ideas from the inner workings of my grey natter?

MrBenn

Awesome Player
Anyway, having given it some thought, here are some of my early ideas..

1. When you click "Begin Turn", the turns indicator on the dogtag should update
2. It would be really nice if the status bar (the bit that says "Waiting for Badortie" or "Reinforcements") would tell you how many reinforcments you had remaining (in a 3-reinforcement game, for example, it would be nice to know if you had 1, 2 or 3 moves left)
3. The country highlights are a really nice touch. I really really like them.
3a. It would be nice if when you hovered over a country if some sort of indicator on the player-list showed you which player it belonged to
3b. It would be really nice if the diplomacy tab countries (ie the black shadows) showed a highlight on the map when you hovered over them
3c. It would be really really nice if this also happened if you hovered over a country name in the history/record tab
4. When deploying, reinforcing, etc, it would be nice to be able to use the numberpad to choose how many army units to move around.
5 (and it's a big 5) My biggest gripe is that it takes so long to load the game screen, and that I can;t do anything (like reading the intelligence file or game chatter) while I'm waiting for Switzerland to be neutralised.

yeti

Awesome Player
Pretty sure I agree with all of this...

One thing I can't find is the amount of deployments I have left - until I click on a location to deliver them too...

C.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
It says how many you have left in the top info bar

78b9016e0b9ff74e5c5a1c18604c2aa9.png

c41187fdd09ec78e6394ee6d93c26390.png

yeti

Awesome Player
Ah - cheers - I missed that - probably cos I have to scroll it away on this laptop.

C.

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
But it does not update quickly. SO if you have 12 to deploy and you do it quite fast, it could still say 12 when you only have 3 or 4.

yeti

Awesome Player
But it does not update quickly. SO if you have 12 to deploy and you do it quite fast, it could still say 12 when you only have 3 or 4.

Ah - that could do with being fixed - maybe that's why I've not noticed it then.

C.

MrBenn

Awesome Player
It would be nice to amend the default for army advancement from one to all... I've made the mistake of not advancing a couple of times already, and imagine that it would be more common for people to advance than not. It would be nice to combine this with the ability to use numerical keys to adjust reinforcements.