• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

SUDs League Thread

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Hail, competitors and spectators. Welcome to the Inaugural Season of:

Samular's Unofficial Doubles League.

Eight teams will fight for fame and glory in the most competitive and exciting league that Major Command has ever seen! This is only true because it is the first league that Major Command has ever seen!

Feel free to start making games whenever you want! Just make sure your opponents are up for it. Also, I have no idea how long the season will take to finish.

Now fans, here are your eight SUDs teams:

Middle-Earth Division
1. Quadruple Anarchy: rakatac & samular
2. The Viet-Minh Theory: SG & Thunderous
3. Les Assassins des Fauteuils Rollents: Incandenza & Cassidy
4. Team Armarium: lh34 & mp13

Narnia Division
1. Team V.O.C.: Daan & landmine
2. The Magnificent Bastards: RedBridgeBeach & grons
3. Los Conquistadores: Jewmowrestler & dradxhoran
4. MeanMachine: jeymo & madsanders

RULES:

1. 8 Doubles teams will be divided into two divisions.

2. Games: Each team will play 10 regular season games.

a. Each team will play the teams in their divisions twice.
b. One game will be 'home', one 'away.' The Home team gets to pick the map and settings.

c. Each team will play the teams from the other division once.
d. Each team will get two 'home' inter-division matches and two 'away.' For the first season, I arbitrarily assigned Home and Away teams for each inter-division fixture (I will post those assignments later).​

4. How to Win: At the end of the season, the team with the best record from each division will compete in a best-of-five playoff. The team from the division that won the All-Star Game will get three 'home' games and two 'away' games against their opponent. Like this:

1. Home
2. Home
3. Away
4. Away (if necessary)
5. Home (if necessary)​

The winner of this playoff will be the SUDs League Season 1 Champion.

5. How to Lose: The two teams with the worst records (regardless of division) will play best-of-three playoff. The loser of the game will be booted from the league, making room for fresh blood if there is a Season 2.

6. All-Star Game: After half of the games have been played, there will be an All-Star Game. Each league-member will vote for for three players to represent their division in a triples team game. Winning division will get home-field advantage in the season finals (See Rule #4)

7. Teams will initiate and manage their own regular season games. Report your results with link to Commissioner Samular.

8. There will be a couple statistical honors, both individual and team, that will likely be accompanied by MSPaint trophies.

9. Notes about game creation:

- Please identify your game in the Notes field during game creation. Something like, 'SUDs: The Douchebags (home) - MeanMachine (away)'

- I realized very recently that coordinating map/settings preferences, as well as figuring who will create the games, may be a bit of a pain for teams who are not used to playing with one another. It may be prudent to pass a couple messages back and forth now about your preferences, or perhaps develop a 'default' map/settings for your team (Your very own home stadium!), and assign game creation to one of your team members.​

:elefant: Inter-Division Table :elefant:
See Rule #2: Games for info

f989cb476c0b06b3c4f9ae865805c2e9.png

How this table works: The home teams are listed down the first column. Away teams are listed across the top. In order to find the games you need to create, find your team name in the first column. Then go across until you find a white cell. The team at the top of that column is the Away team for your game.

For example: Team V.O.C. plays home against Quadruple Anarchy (samular & rakatac) and Les Assassins des Fauteuils Rollents (Incandenza and Cassidy).

If this makes no sense, just ask me and I'll tell you what to do.

Last edited:

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
I request a slight name change to: "The Douchebags"

K thanks.

Cassidy

Deputy General
Awesome Player
We should do it like the MLB, where the division who wins the All-Star game gets home-field advantage in the finals. So if Middle-Earth beats Narnia, and Les Aassassins faces MeanMachine in the finals, Les Assassins get their home map three times to MeanMachine's twice, in a 2-2-1 format.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
We should do it like the MLB, where the division who wins the All-Star game gets home-field advantage in the finals. So if Middle-Earth beats Narnia, and Les Aassassins faces MeanMachine in the finals, Les Assassins get their home map three times to MeanMachine's twice, in a 2-2-1 format.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just noticed I forgot to explain the Finals format in this thread, which was indeed going to be 2-2-1. Those seem like good stakes for the All Star game.

Cassidy

Deputy General
Awesome Player
Thanks for the suggestion. I just noticed I forgot to explain the Finals format in this thread, which was indeed going to be 2-2-1. Those seem like good stakes for the All Star game.

Yep, perhaps Bud Selig's one and only positive addition to baseball.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Indeed. Speaking of which, there will be a salary cap in SUDL. I mean, you guys are good, but just not worth 10 mil a year.

Jewmowrestler

Awesome Player
is it cool if we do endorsements then? i hear nike is coming out with majcom sweatbands for when the action really gets intense in those RT games

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Yeah..Nike's sponsoring us.

Sketchers is sponsoring you.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
..yeah that's right. Sketchers, not Skechers.

You guys are gonna get hosed so bad that the only sponsor you'll get is a Bahrainian knockoff shoe company.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Nike? Pssh.

I'm envisioning The Douchebags, brought to you by Canyon Pizza.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Hahahahahah we're not THAT good!

Canyon Pizza is wayyyy too prestigious of a company to want to sponsor a majcom team..no matter how gloriously amazing The Douchebags are.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
can we all get our own jersey?, with our team colours and logo?

Well, in lieu of a logo, I have here a mock-up of your team's jersey with the primary sponsor.

efabe3c661a41468ab92105d8316a619.png

Only belatedly did I realize that I don't know if the joke is as obvious to Australians.

Jewmowrestler

Awesome Player
i'm opting for a NASCAR jumpsuit, not just for its flame retardency which will undoubtedly come in handy when i'm on fire from doing so amazing in the league, but also because there's more space for sponsors

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
I created the Season Opener (I think). Quadruple Anarchy vs Team Armarium. No rush. Just getting things rolling.

lh34

Awesome Player
I created the Season Opener (I think). Quadruple Anarchy vs Team Armarium. No rush. Just getting things rolling.

I've also created a game with Armarium vs V.O.C.