• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Star Trek Map of the Galaxy

thenoahw

Awesome Player
Star Trek Map of the Galaxy( Cant be used but just wanted thoughts)

This is another thing I thought I would post since it's something I have been playing with. I understand that is is likely waaaaayyyy too copyrighted to use on the site but I still think it would be cool for a map one day if ever possible. One of the pictures has the command outlines and another has the command bonus chart of values that I came up with. I considered making a physical board game version of this but I went a little too crazy and if has long since passed the realm of feasible for a board game. it is too extensive and would take far too long but it would be prefect for a long online game, i think.
In my maps, yellow lines are the further distances and the brown the shorter ones. This was my attempt at creating a sense of the distances of space travel. when reinforcing (or attacking for that matter) your troops could either make one high warp trip (one yellow line) or two shorter warps (two brown lines). Its far from done but it is just something I was inspired to do.
Please Enjoy and share thoughts please.
10650023_804816522903521_4392980732032053190_n.jpg

10436168_804817499570090_1370295434784320919_n.jpg

10653427_804817466236760_876688421262318729_n.jpg

Last edited:

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
Yeah, the copyright thing kinda kills it - I'm sure it's very clever and all but I can't spare the brainpower to figure it out if there can be no end product. Also the map's too big for the site: you'd need zoom-able map function - which we haven't got and I can't see coming - to keep anywhere near the level of detail. Also there's the inherit problem of all these star-map type boards in that they're 2D representations of a 3D environment... Khan's Bane...

thenoahw

Awesome Player
Yeah, I realized all the issues once I posted it but Ive got no idea how to delete a thread

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Like Cagey said, probably a no go.

But we can all gawk in wonder at the sheer awesomeness of your post. Impressive!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Philistine!

dudeiamgood

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Who is the Doctor. At least, that's what he goes by. When and Where is the Doctor is a reasonable question.