• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Some questions on Team Games for a newcomer

DecaturGuy

Awesome Player
I signed up for a team play in a casual game without realizing it, but I'm still fairly new here. I want to be a good player for my team, but I am up first for my team. It's two teams of four players. Questions:

Can we control a territory together? Or does a single player need to control the whole territory (say Greece) by himself?

How do you send your own troops to someone else's territory? (If I'm reading the rules correctly, it seems like you can do that, but I don't understand that concept.

Can you think of anything a first-timer to team play needs to know?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
You have to control a command by yourself to get the bonus. You can deploy on your partner and you can reinforce to them. The most important thing is to communicate! Good luck!

Upvote 0

DecaturGuy

Awesome Player
Thank you Cardinalsrule. So let's say I send 2 troops to a teammate, does the teammate "absorbed" them into his army, or are they simply there for him or her to use? I'm still not sure on that.

And if a teammate is to control a territory, should I attempt to vacate and let him or her just conquer me easily with one remaining army?

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
They would be his armies. And, yes, reinforce off of the terts that your teammate needs so that he only needs to kill 1.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
If your teammate has 5 troops on a territory, and you reinforce 2 of your troops on to him, then he will have all 7 troops and they are all his. (of course, since he is your teammate, there's nothing wrong with that.)

If your teammate is ready to take control of a command, then yes, move your troops out of his way, or move your troops on to him so he can use them to take control of that command.

Generally, it is inadvisable to attack eachother unless it results in one of you getting control of a command.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The best place to learn about team games is in the Vet/New games always listed at the top of the casual games. You jump in with a vet and they will try and pass on some knowledge. It's amazing quite how much you can learn in a relatively short time with good teachers.
I have a few too many games going at the moment but if I notice your name on there next week I'll join you and see if I can pass on some of what I have recently learned.

Upvote 0

DecaturGuy

Awesome Player
Thank. I must say the team play is fascinating. It vastly complicates the strategy, in a fun way.

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Oh yeah. Remember that the ONLY way to win is to talk about every move with your partner. Chat all the time!

Upvote 0

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Oh. I just noticed you're in a 4 player team game. That's an entire different game all together. That's a tough game, especially against Cardinal!

I'd follow Tyro's advise, join a New/Vet game. It a two player team game, a much easier game/strategy to learn and play than 4 player teams.

Upvote 0

ne4osu1970

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Decatur you definitely mistakenly picked a rough game to learn in. That is very good team you are up against. Just so you know on the chat tab you can pick "to team" or "send". The "to team" will let eveybody on your team see what you typed but the opposing team cannot see it. The "send" will allow all participating players see what you wrote. So you don't have to use the diplomacy tab to send messages to your team. That was observation I had just glancing at game.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
If you want to play a dubs game, join one of the vet/new games and I'll team with you.

Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
I assume you are talking about the Balklans Quads? The game settings were set for a specific strategy. There are a couple of Doubles Classic Massive waiting with the same strategy. Hit me up and I will team up and walk you through the strategy.

Upvote 0

DecaturGuy

Awesome Player
The best place to learn about team games is in the Vet/New games always listed at the top of the casual games. You jump in with a vet and they will try and pass on some knowledge. It's amazing quite how much you can learn in a relatively short time with good teachers.
I have a few too many games going at the moment but if I notice your name on there next week I'll join you and see if I can pass on some of what I have recently learned.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate. And I learned a lot from my ace-whoopin in the Balkans! LOL.

Upvote 0

DecaturGuy

Awesome Player
I assume you are talking about the Balklans Quads? The game settings were set for a specific strategy. There are a couple of Doubles Classic Massive waiting with the same strategy. Hit me up and I will team up and walk you through the strategy.

Thank you! I am currently at my quota of games I can play. But when I'm out, I would very much like to do that!

Upvote 0

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I would like to do that when my quota of four games opens back up!

Dude, you are already one of us, so just pony up a couple of bucks and join all the games you want :)

Come on in the water's fine!!

Upvote 0