• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Similar colors for team members at start of game

tyme1risk

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
The Borg
Not sure where to best post this request, hope this is ok :willy:

At the start of a new game, each of the teams have a color. However, the individual starting colors are random.

It would be really great if the starting player colors were linked to the team colors (something many players currently do manually). So: team blue has 4 team members, all with a different shade of blue.

I imagine this would be somewhat difficult as we have different color / shape options by map - but I'm thinking we can croud-source the mapping of team color to allowed individual player colors.

So: (1) is this possible and (2) how much total donations do I need to collect to make this feature happen?:laugh:

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
I suggested once that we should have a universal color picker and a shape picker for all the games. Off course with a color picker you would have endless possibilities, for the shapes I would say we need probably 12 different shapes? Whats the maximum amount of teams a game can have? I think that would be 12 double teams? That way you could create your own combination for your team. Your suggestion is great tough, it would save a lot of time.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I suggested once that we should have a universal color picker and a shape picker for all the games. Off course with a color picker you would have endless possibilities, for the shapes I would say we need probably 12 different shapes? Whats the maximum amount of teams a game can have? I think that would be 12 double teams? That way you could create your own combination for your team. Your suggestion is great tough, it would save a lot of time.

+1 yes definitely a universal set of colours and shapes accommodating doubles for 24 players and sixers for 24 players.

Not sure about autocolouring...I would change it anyway...I'm always green since I started here the system always put me in green...so I got used to it....(my team would be in green too).....then the next team is red, then orange, yellow ...in the order of the rainbow...so the turn order is there too.
So my blue team isn't necessarily the blue team that the system assigned.

tyme1risk

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
The Borg
+1 yes definitely a universal set of colours and shapes accommodating doubles for 24 players and sixers for 24 players.

Not sure about autocolouring...I would change it anyway...I'm always green since I started here the system always put me in green...so I got used to it....(my team would be in green too).....then the next team is red, then orange, yellow ...in the order of the rainbow...so the turn order is there too.
So my blue team isn't necessarily the blue team that the system assigned.

Fair enough, but then you would have to change the colours in the current scenario and in the autocolouring version, so for you it wouldn't matter. For the rest it would be a win :)

We already have endorsements from Spartacus1, Hortik & Ericjkline :party:

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Good idea (as long as my team has blue ;) )

In case you want your own colors it should in that case change for the whole team.
Makes it more difficult?