• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Shared territory bonuses in team games

Spazm

Ambassador
Awesome Player
What about a selectable option for team games, in which territory bonuses are given when a territory is occupied soley by 1 team, not just by 1 player? The bonus would be proportional to the # of countries each person occupies in that territory. I think the gameplay would be interesting; personally I just find the team play too cumbersome, but that is just my opinion.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
One immediate problem is that it would make bonuses on the drop a lot more likely...

WidowMakers

Senior Cartographer
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Also. A 3 player team could get the bonus 3 times in 1 round as well.
Bad idea.

Spazm

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Yes, dropping a bonus would be much more likely unfortunately, but adding some neutrals to break this should be doable.

As for getting the bonus 3 times in a round; the bonus would be split amongst those teammates who actually possess countries; it wouldn't be a +3 bonus to each teammate. It would be +3 x % of territories held.

So, on a hypothetical map there is a 5 country territory with a +10 bonus. I hold 3, my teammate holds 2. I would get +6 troops on my turn, my teammate would get +4. If the bonus is broken between my and my teammates turn, we only got the +6, so there is a slight disadvantage to holding the territory jointly vs singly.

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Adding neutrals to small commands in head-to-head team games will only mean that those bonuses will only rarely be taken. The way it is now, it takes teamwork to properly sort out and secure a bonus, which to my mind is a preferable outcome to either teams getting group bonuses on the drop or inserting neutrals to prevent such.