• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Rules for an Assasin Game:

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
i think the rules for an assassin game need to be listed somewhere, so people understand what happens if they attack someone else' target and kill them. there's nothing worse then waking up to a kill that costs you 36 points. i mean it's common sense that if you take someone else' target out, you've fudged the game, but still.. rules for an assassin game would be incredibly helpful.

Inca, is their a wiki entry explaining this? i could'nt find one.

mapguy

Awesome Player
You know what would be cool, -a "Hover Dictionary". By that I mean, that all of the text in the site would be of two different shades of black. So, for example, say All of the words that are listed in the Hover Dic. would appear in a lighter shaded print. This would allow anyone and everyone to quickly and easiely, find the answers to their quarries by simply hovering, and clicking on the relevant word.

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
yeah i dont think there is a wiki listing for terminator style

Atlas-shrugged

Awesome Player
Yes, it is listed under Terminology on the main wiki page , you must click on terminology.

Atlas-shrugged

Awesome Player
I think Assasin is pretty easy, each person is given a target and the first to eliminate their target wins the game.

Mercenary gave me trouble in team games when the other teams were eliminated and the game kept going.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
I think Assasin is pretty easy, each person is given a target and the first to eliminate their target wins the game.

Mercenary gave me trouble in team games when the other teams were eliminated and the game kept going.

no hon, i totally agree.. Assassin is 'easy'.. it's just the general idea behind it.. you know, "if you kill someone else's opponent, you win the game but lose points" part i'd love to find public.. but now that Inca has pointed out the wiki entry.. i'm all set. :p

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I don't think the wiki is quite descriptive enough on it though, like it doesn't mention what you just said.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
I don't think the wiki is quite descriptive enough on it though, like it doesn't mention what you just said.

i didn't look at it til just now... you're right, it doesn't... someone should maybe add it. :p

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
no hon, i totally agree.. Assassin is 'easy'.. it's just the general idea behind it.. you know, "if you kill someone else's opponent, you win the game but lose points" part i'd love to find public.. but now that Inca has pointed out the wiki entry.. i'm all set. :p

Wait, really? That doesn't sound right. Taking out the wrong target shouldn't be considered a win regardless of how the points are allocated... Here's a line from the wiki: "The winner is the player whose target is eliminated, even if by a third party." That's always been my understanding of the assassin rules, tho to be honest I've never played a game where someone takes out the wrong target.

andyokc

Awesome Player
I played a team assassin game recently where another player took out the wrong target and it told me I won...and awarded me -17 points. Took me a minute to figure out what had happened.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
I played a team assassin game recently where another player took out the wrong target and it told me I won...and awarded me -17 points. Took me a minute to figure out what had happened.

You'll probably have to find the game # so the powers that be can fix things for ya!

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Wait, really? That doesn't sound right. Taking out the wrong target shouldn't be considered a win regardless of how the points are allocated... Here's a line from the wiki: "The winner is the player whose target is eliminated, even if by a third party." That's always been my understanding of the assassin rules, tho to be honest I've never played a game where someone takes out the wrong target.

well.. i played a 3 player assassin game on the weekend...
i killed the wrong opponent.. won, but lost -35 points which were given to the two others...
still got the kill added to my opponents defeated stats though...

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I'm gonna have to look for it, but one of the only games I played with those rules, I think I got taken out, but got points, not sure, I'll go look for it.....