• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Reporting cheaters; finding evidence and delivering it to the MajCom Staff

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Report on The Usual Suspects forum
MajCom staff will evaluate what you've found. I assume this is volunteer work so the more evidence you deliver the easier it is for them. They don't share their methods 'coz cheaters would use it to cheat ever smarter. However, here's how you can find evidence;

If you suspect players A and B are teaming up and want to see if they have a habit of doing so; use the green FIND a GAME button. (if you never use it; it's below the green JOIN and START buttons you always use)
Set the filter to archived games. If you get too much spam in the search results, filter more settings and maps so you'll find similar games as the one you've already caught A and B in

Players: (list multiples with comma)
fill out A and B
if either A and/or B wins all of the multiplayer games they participated in at the expense of everyone else, they're cheating. Sometimes A lets player B win their 2 player games (called pointwhoring) apart from teaming up in a multiplayer singles game

Check the games' Records to find exactly how they did it. Explain in detail what you learned.

Copy paste the link = url = (http. www. MajCom. searchresult. etc) of the search results of the list of games players you found after you clicked the red SEARCH NOW button
using the FIND A and B (and C, D; some cheaters use multiple accounts)

Also use url's of individual games to summarize what A and B did. mention the exact rounds when things happened so staff only has to verify rather than do the research over again.

@Brian, great job exposing a Legion General ;) You deserve a ribbon and part of the spoils
(and thanks to cardinalsrule and other MajCom staff)

Now I know most players who are in a game where this happens are outraged but don't want to do this job

[nicknames] should be separated by a comma, but no space afterwards.
indeed, no space in front of, between or after the nicknames. sensitive search enguine.

=

If someone complains in the Real Time Lobby about cheaters who teamed up, plz refer them to this topic so they can either find out for themselves if they're right or ask for help :) Maybe some detective here can help fill out the form, making the MajCom judge's job easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Important, when searching games with specific players in it, they should be separated by a comma, but no space afterwards. It took me quite a while to figure that one out :)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Who was the legion general ? Just curious ....

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
I'll tell you by mail if that's allowed (if it's not, lmk, I'll edit this post, deleting this line. I can show you the proof Ive gathered, it's interesting detective work :p) ... My next [/I] detective job

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
I want to know, and I feel that such unabashed cheating deserves to be called by name. And anyhow, the player got banned, not much dignity left anyway - and it's only a nickname :)

But I'll wait until admins speak up, if they wish to

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
omg....you're right! I was going to jump into a 4 player classic evolved game with the pair...the game would have started...then something in my gut told me not too...not sure why...but I decided against it....

Edit: After I thought about it.....why would a Legion General go against a bunch of noobs....that would be a massive lost of points for him for such little gain.

anyway, I did the search on the pair....interesting results. They are not banned yet. Let the admin do their investigation first. All will be revealed in due course.

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I want to know, and I feel that such unabashed cheating deserves to be called by name. And anyhow, the player got banned, not much dignity left anyway - and it's only a nickname :)

But I'll wait until admins speak up, if they wish to

No, we won't be doing that. The investigation is complete and all that needs to be said is that 4 players were banned. Great job by Brian, made our (Redstorm's) job pretty easy. But we don't publicly comment.

I will say that the opening post here, where Aura gives steps to investigate, are where we usually start. So if anyone wants to make a report on suspected cheaters and follows those steps, it will give us a good start, and we will definitely appreciate it.

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Is there a way to filter a particular winning streak?
if so, is it available for members, or staff only?
Coz I've come across a player with similar stats, I just haven't found any accomplices.
seeing the kind of games he played it's quite implausible to reach a winning streak of over 25 but he achieved far more than that...
I think this player's streak happened in the past so I dunno which games to investigate
ty

Sorry, can't talk about the investigative tools we have. You have the basics.

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Is there a way to filter a particular winning streak?
if so, is it available for members, or staff only?
Coz I've come across a player with similar stats, I just haven't found any accomplices.
seeing the kind of games he played it's quite implausible to reach a winning streak of over 25 but he achieved far more than that...
I think this player's streak happened in the past so I dunno which games to investigate
ty

Aura send me your data/suspicions and I will take it from there. tks