• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

REAL TIME RIOT: Battle of the Belt

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
9b50a3f384b5ec887b344f4f0970374c.png

Welcome all to the first Battle of the Belt competition ever.
A Real Time Riot Event brought to you by MajorCommand.com​

This tournament will test your real time skill and ability to win when it counts. Make a bid for the title, defeat the current champion and defend your title belt from competitors hungrier than you. Can you survive?

These are your rules.

1. You will be put into a weight class determined by your rank.
  2. They will likely be 5-6 other players in your class.
  3. A queue is randomly formed in each class and the first two players play against each other.
  4. The winner will continue to battle the other players in the queue in order until defeated.
  5. If defeated the loser will go to the end of the queue unless they have won,
    • three in a row and go to the second to last place
    • four in a row and go to the third to last place
    • five in a row and are entitled to a rematch
  6. The matches will continue on like this, with the player with the most wins holding the official belt.
  7. If a player ties the belt holder for most wins, they face off in a title match.
  8. The challenger, win or loss, returns to their place in the queue and the former belt holder maintains their position.
  9. The final belt holder and champion of the weight class will be determined by the belt holder at 3 AM EST.

Further rules:
  • Signups start at 7pm EST and end at 2am EST, and the first match starts at 9:30 EST. Registrants MUST post in 'this thread' with their name and current score.
  • The following game settings will not be in play, Classic Massive, Flat Rate, No Reinforcements.
  • Players may get in on the competition at any point up until 30 minutes prior to the deadline.
  • The referees, Badorties, Incandenza, and Samular will instruct all participants on who their opponents are and when to start matches.
  • Players have no more than 5 minutes between finishing a game and starting the next game.
  • A Player causing a delay of more than 5 minutes may be removed from the competition.
  • If the belt holder does not show to a title match, the belt is given to the challenger, who then returns to the queue.
  • Games lost to beta malfeasance will be replayed or decided by referees.
  • Referees may change the rules, classes, or anything else during the competition.

The final belt holder in each weight class will receive either the singles or doubles tournament trophy.
v1WmA.png
oBhgE.png

Participants of at least 3 matches will receive the RTR Tour of Duty Commendation
eoL4b.png

Class A Final Belt Holder
mapguy

Class A Title Bout
mapguy vs. smu
Game 11671

Class A Current Queue
mapguy - 2 wins
smu - 2 wins
RedBridgeBeach - 0 wins
MTR - 2 wins
codanostra - 1 win

Class B Final Belt Holder
samular

Class B Title Bout
samular vs. Badorties
Game 11673
Game 11674

Class B Current Queue
samular - 2 wins
Badorties - 2 wins
KungFuDuet - 0 wins
negropontius - 0 wins
Marauder - 1 win

Congratulations to our winners, mapguy and samular!
Thanks to everyone who participated!

Last edited by a moderator:

coolname

Awesome Player
Question on the rules; it seems a real plus to enter as late as possible (I think I will, because the deadline of 2am EST is 9am where I live, so I'll have some RT for breakfast). Of course you could get stuck in the queue, but at least you'll be fresh (9.30pm - 2am is A LOT of RT MajComming).

Last edited:

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Question on the rules; it seems a real plus to enter as late as possible (I think I will, because the deadline of 2am EST is 9am where I live, so I'll have some RT for breakfast). Of course you could get stuck in the queue, but at least you'll be fresh (9.30pm - 2am is A LOT of RT MajComming).

yeah, but anybody who gets in early is more likely to have won 3, 4, or 5 in a row and be able to avoid sinking to the bottom of the heap.

coolname

Awesome Player
yeah, but anybody who gets in early is more likely to have won 3, 4, or 5 in a row and be able to avoid sinking to the bottom of the heap.

I understand, but the streak only applies when it is still active, right? So I might be streaking at 10.30pm and not get relegated. Once I do, it is the end of the streak. So if you start at 2am, and are able to get to the top, you can get just as "streaky" as the next guy. There is no benefit to historic streaks.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
hmm... perhaps you're right and I read that wrong. So is the champion the player with the most total wins, or the longest win streak? I'm thinking the belt holder is the player with the most total wins, in which case there's a big advantage to hanging around for the entire evening.

In any event it's unlikely I'll be able to show up this evening, but if I can make it happen I will.

theycallmesquirtle

Awesome Player
Hey, so you would post requesting to be signed up between 7 pm and 9 pm EST even if you wont be showing up till 12 EST? So your bracket could have, say, two active players if we are sorted into brackets that go live hours before three or four of the players show up? Or do we post here to signup when we are ready to start playing? It says there to post petween 7 and 9 PM EST, does this mean someone in a not so convenient time zone needs to set their alarm for, say, 4 AM to hop online and sign up for the games they will join when they actually wake up in 4 hours?

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Hey, so you would post requesting to be signed up between 7 pm and 9 pm EST even if you wont be showing up till 12 EST? So your bracket could have, say, two active players if we are sorted into brackets that go live hours before three or four of the players show up? Or do we post here to signup when we are ready to start playing? It says there to post petween 7 and 9 PM EST, does this mean someone in a not so convenient time zone needs to set their alarm for, say, 4 AM to hop online and sign up for the games they will join when they actually wake up in 4 hours?

no see.. it's sign up AFTER 7pm.. and the Tourney starts at 9:30pm.. but you can sign up after the Tourney starts and still have a chance for the belt. :)

Kjell

Awesome Player
I`m waiting for a Europe RT night

It's gonna be much more awesome than any other RT night.

As for your tournament, if you're still doing it when I wake up I'll join.

theycallmesquirtle

Awesome Player
"•Signups start at 7pm EST and end at 9pm EST" Bado
"no see.. it's sign up AFTER 7pm.. and the Tourney starts at 9:30pm.. but you can sign up after the Tourney starts and still have a chance for the belt. " -Ghost
So which is it, do signups have an "end at 9 pm" or are they ongoing throughout the night?

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
"•Signups start at 7pm EST and end at 9pm EST" Bado
"no see.. it's sign up AFTER 7pm.. and the Tourney starts at 9:30pm.. but you can sign up after the Tourney starts and still have a chance for the belt. " -Ghost
So which is it, do signups have an "end at 9 pm" or are they ongoing throughout the night?

signups end 1 horu before the end of the tourney, so 2am EST. sorry for the confusion, i fixed the thread.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player

mapguy

Awesome Player
So what is next ? Is there anything that I further need to do ?