• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Quads strategy

paul4763

Awesome Player
I've started playing more and more quads games and still trying figure out what the best tactics are for such a game. I mean basic strategy tips, not like there is some unique formula that makes you automatically win.

I suppose a lot depends on game type: map size, escalate/flat rate, reinforcement settings. But I've found that commands usually take a long time to obtain and they generally aren't the best policy. In singles and doubles it is key that you try and establish some sort of base where you can build from. But it seems in quad, and triples, matches that it is more just about whittling your enemy troop count. For example, your team could have 3 or 4 pops at 1 opponent player before they've even had a chance to deploy and this can seriously cripple a team. Even if a team has a superior troop count, in the end it usually comes down to reserves anyway and having one less player to accumulate reserves with can be really damaging.

Any thoughts on quads strategy anyone?

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I agree with your basic point, not a lot of experience in quads games, but I have played a few trips games and it applies there, also. If you can id one player of the other team to eliminate, you have a tremendous advantage.