• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Preferred Browsers

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
MC team/players.

I am a MAC user (please don't tell me throw away and get a windows machine). Currently I am using Safari as my default browser because it has been the most stable on my machine (MacBook Pro 2021). What I am experiencing is frozen games, where I have to reload the page a few times during combat and reinforcement phases of the game. Are you seeing the same ? Is anyone using a different browser on a machine similar to mine?

melanie

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I’m having that issue on Mac and iPad. Started when iOS updated before Christmas. Tried other browsers and even worse. So watching to see if anyone has a solution

Upvote 0

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
This is so frustrating, having to reload after every action - I hope there is a solution

Upvote 0

melanie

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Tankeater, I was having a problem this week, my iPad kept dropping wifi, so I googled and went through a list of things to fix it. the wifi was fixed after resetting network settings. But now I realize that my games are working better. Maybe that will help you?

Upvote 0

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
Thank you Melanie - It is not a wifi issue for me. My Mac is not loosing connection with wifi. I even verified that by directly connecting the Mac to the router with a cable. No difference. The thing is some days and with some games it is better. Others are not so good. Interestingly enough, I tried to play on a friends computer (dell) with edge browser, the game was also choppy. It may be a server or programming issue.

I see it more pronounced with games that are more than 5-6 players, large maps and games that have gone up to 50 or more rounds. And lastly, not my processor as I have an M1 chip and runs through CAD and Photoshop blazing fast

Upvote 0

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Look into Avast browser...I have a Windows 10 PC, but it might be an option for you...

Upvote 0

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
There's also the possibility that you need to clear out your Software Distribution & Prefetch files, deleting massive cookies as well. I have a routine I follow when I do a daily puter cleanup. If you want I can post it here, or send me a PM and I will do it there. Might be different for a Mac, but you will get the idea when y'all see it.

Upvote 0

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
Thank you legionbuck. It would be helpful to post here since others may see it and may have a similar issue which can be cured by this process. I thin I can adapt it to the MAC and if so I will post the MAC procedure.

Upvote 0

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Gimme a few, it's nap time after meds..but I will post it !

Upvote 0

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Browser / PC help :
Click on Local Disc or My Computer, Click on Windows, open Temp file, select all, delete. GO to Software Distribution File, open Data Store, open Logs, click on each one, Select All, delete. GO to Prefetch, open and Select All, delete. You might get one file that will not delete, skip. Then empty Recycle Bin....done ! There's a more intensive detailed way to completely clear out Windows of junk, but this one will do the job to start with....I use it every morning.

Upvote 0

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
TankEater I have the same issue with having to reload games several times during my turn, I'm also on a Mac, and it happens in Chrome (my preferred browser), Safari, and Brave browsers. I've just been chalking it up to "also things being improved during this maintenance" but maybe I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Try doing my cleaning solution, see if it makes a diff...at least your PC will run faster.

Upvote 0

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
TankEater I have the same issue with having to reload games several times during my turn, I'm also on a Mac, and it happens in Chrome (my preferred browser), Safari, and Brave browsers. I've just been chalking it up to "also things being improved during this maintenance" but maybe I'm wrong.
What OS are you using?

Upvote 0

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
Try doing my cleaning solution, see if it makes a diff...at least your PC will run faster.
thank you legionbuck. I tried to come up with a similar procedure on the Mac but no luck. There is a way to clear the safari cache. In safari, select preferences> Advanced> check "show Develop menu in menu bar> Develop> Clear Caches. This cleans the safari .>uncheck show Develop menu in menu bar.

SO far played 4 turns with no issues

Last edited:
Upvote 0

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Using Windows 10 with Avast browser. I also have Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge on my PC but NEVER use them...hate the auto recording / reporting of history on those, and Avast is very good on security issues.

Upvote 0

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
Using Windows 10 with Avast browser. I also have Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge on my PC but NEVER use them...hate the auto recording / reporting of history on those, and Avast is very good on security issues.
I'm going to keep using safari and clear cache daily and see what happens. Would like to hear from needpapertowel and Melanie to see if that resolves their issues

Upvote 0

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Ya can't just clear out the browsers, ya have to clean out the OS as well !

Upvote 0