• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

Points and Ladder Rankings

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
Is this how team scores are calculated? Shouldn't we be dividing the average score of the winners by the average score of the defeated, multiplying by 30, and assigning each winner those points? In this case, an average score of 1508 beat an average score of 2198, so each winner should gain 44 points, just as in a 1v1 a 1508 player would win 44 points from a 2198 player. I don't see why it should be divided by the number of teammates. Team games should have the same stakes as 1v1. In a 12 versus 12 game each winner will earn very little under this system. If this game was 12v12 the winners would only be awarded 4 points each if the average win of 44 is divided by 12, which doesn't seem right to me at all.
i believe you are correct, and am pretty sure this used to be different.

sabdal83

Awesome Player
Riskyone You are being incredibly unhinged in blaming someone for a point system that he did not create. He went from 5k to 500 because of the point system. Now all the games he starts will give you 100 points each if you win. And any games he wins he will earn no more than 70-80 points in total. Stop bitching and moaning and either direct your anger towards the point system or start winning more games.

sabdal83

Awesome Player
Sandydirt, why should there be a limit of the number of games a player can play. In long games some players take a whole day to play one game and if there are 10 players like that it will take a long time to finish

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
I'm not sure if this was pitched or if it is even possible. I think only awarding the winner points is not very fair. There should be a system where you get points for winning and also you get points if you eliminate opponents even if you lose. This will help expedite the games a bit. There are games where say 5 players are in, each has control of certain commands and everyone sits afraid of attacking other players for the fear of loosing. or some players go after each other and one just sits for over 20-30 turns and does nothing until the end where he rolls over all the other players who were truly fighting and wins.

If you give a player 20 points for every opponent you eliminate even if you do not win, it will give players an incentive to attack and speed up games. As one mentioned, in a 10 man game, you get a turn once every 8-10 days and if you last 30 turns that is about a game going on for almost a year - And worse, if you win after playing a game for a year, you may get 25-30 points !!!! now that is frustrating don't you think ???

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I'm not sure if this was pitched or if it is even possible. I think only awarding the winner points is not very fair. There should be a system where you get points for winning and also you get points if you eliminate opponents even if you lose. This will help expedite the games a bit. There are games where say 5 players are in, each has control of certain commands and everyone sits afraid of attacking other players for the fear of loosing. or some players go after each other and one just sits for over 20-30 turns and does nothing until the end where he rolls over all the other players who were truly fighting and wins.

If you give a player 20 points for every opponent you eliminate even if you do not win, it will give players an incentive to attack and speed up games. As one mentioned, in a 10 man game, you get a turn once every 8-10 days and if you last 30 turns that is about a game going on for almost a year - And worse, if you win after playing a game for a year, you may get 25-30 points !!!! now that is frustrating don't you think ???
We have that, it's called Mercenary.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
why isn't the game starting? This is bullshit...I'm going to Dom12, at least it's organized.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
years trying to fix stuff with no avail...MC, time to die......

sabdal83

Awesome Player
The worst thing is, they don't even have comms saying anything like "there is an outage, we are working on a solution asap". These guys really dgaf about growing.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
anyone want a game invite to D12? I just opened an account over there as 'SgtPatton'. It has some interesting features, some that MC used to have and some that MC would benefit by eventually, and D12 is lacking some features that MC already has up and running.

Here is my D12 referral link >
https://dominating12.com?referrer=99994 <

Let me know by inbox message if you sign up using that link and what your DC12 username is. They award me 20 'tokens' for each of the 1st 25 games you play. They also allow sharing tokens. I'll split the tokens half and half with you for your games up to half of the 500 max tokens per referral.

An alternative til MC is up and running again or another option to try out for some variety.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
anyone want a game invite to D12? I just opened an account over there as 'SgtPatton'. It has some interesting features, some that MC used to have and some that MC would benefit by eventually, and D12 is lacking some features that MC already has up and running.

Let me know by inbox message if you sign up using that link and what your DC12 username is. They award me 20 'tokens' for each of the 1st 25 games you play. They also allow sharing tokens. I'll split the tokens half and half with you for your games up to half of the 500 max tokens per referral.

An alternative til MC is up and running again or another option to try out for some variety.
you're posting a game and shit a'int working...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

TankEater

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter

Patton - I signed up there a few months ago. played some games but excuse my French - members there are A%$$ holes. Anyway look me up ...TankEater is my user name there as well

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter

I'll look out for you over there - I'm on there as LizardMagpie

BadKarma

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
Patton - I signed up there a few months ago. played some games but excuse my French - members there are A%$$ holes. Anyway look me up ...TankEater is my user name there as well
yep, there's a whole contingent of we MCrs over on D12. Many of the players over there are jerks IMO. They're thin skinned, tattling on each other of some perceived slight, and the system is set to reward this behavior. Example, anyone who takes a run to take someone out but misses can be accused of suicide, which they are then reported to the overlords who do an investigation with witnesses etc. It's pathetic.

That said, they have a great AWOL feature that basically boots the player for missing turns and returns their terts to neutral.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Will do
added you as a friend over there TankEater

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
I'll look out for you over there - I'm on there as LizardMagpie
Thanks MNatt, I've added you, as LizardMagpie, as a friend over there

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
yep, there's a whole contingent of we MCrs over on D12. Many of the players over there are jerks IMO. They're thin skinned, tattling on each other of some perceived slight, and the system is set to reward this behavior. Example, anyone who takes a run to take someone out but misses can be accused of suicide, which they are then reported to the overlords who do an investigation with witnesses etc. It's pathetic.

That said, they have a great AWOL feature that basically boots the player for missing turns and returns their terts to neutral.
Agreed BadKarma, >> That said, they have a great AWOL feature that basically boots the player for missing turns and returns their terts to neutral. << In my hopes and dreams, if/when MC returns and resumes upgrading, that is one of several features I'd like to see added to MC.

I've added you as BadKarma as a friend on D12, hopefully that is you. If not let me know and I'll unfriend them.