• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Pause Button in games

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I know that you get a lot of request for features and I don't know for sure how this would work, but it would be nice to have a pause button in a game. Sometimes you have a game were one of the players is going to be out of town for the weekend. It would be nice if they could ask the others to wait till they get back. By having a button, they could the day before click it, with a selected amount of time to pause the game, and if everyone was on board with it then the game would pause for said amount of time. I always try and delay my turn to try and accommodate as best as I can, but I also don't want to miss my turn because I am waiting as long as possible to take my turn.

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
This would be good as long as the other players all agreed, i.e. they would have to click it as well for it to accept the pause.

empirejeff

Awesome Player
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
So it would be vacation mode.

haWD96lz

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Spaceballs
Another related option would be to have an extra time bank. You could get one extra 24 hour period per game or per x turns etc.

linkinpark

Awesome Player
Generals
The Embassy
Another related option would be to have an extra time bank. You could get one extra 24 hour period per game or per x turns etc.

I like this idea. But it should be possible to take extra time prior to the turn, so you don't need internet connection at all at the time in question.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I am good either way, I do favor the vacation mode because let's face it some people go on vacation for longer than 24 hours. And of course it would have to be agreed on by all in the game. One thought and maybe this is making it to complicated, but it could be a button that the player making the request hits, they select a start date and time to start the pause the length of the pause then it has to be OKed by each of the other players in the game. Let's face it with some games that last a year or more, having a week pause is not that big of a deal.

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
My luck, I would be in a game with some jackass that would not "approve" of my "vacation." Obviously, the vast, vast, majority of us would have zero problem with it, but there's always that one guy... And as some have pointed out already, sometimes 1 extra day is not long enough. So I'm sure I would still have sub(s) keep an eye on my games for me. :D

DiorAranelEluchil

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
On the chess.com vacation is defined on the next way:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can we help you?

How does Vacation work? How much time do I get?

Sometimes, life demands that you put your favorite things on hold for a while. Chess.com understands this, and gives all members the ability to pause their Online Chess games using an allotment of Vacation time.

To put yourself ON vacation, click on the switch next to "PAUSE MY GAMES! I need to go on vacation". Simply switch it off when you're ready to play again. (You will be unable to make moves as long as you are on vacation.)

When you go on vacation, you may wish to let your opponents know using the in game chat feature.

The text in red shows how much vacation time you have remaining. Please note that each time you go on vacation a minimum of 24 hours of your remaining vacation budget is consumed.

It is very important you remember to click the "Save" button at the bottom of that page before closing or leaving this page!

How much time do you get?

All new Chess.com accounts start out with 7 days of vacation time.
All members then accrue additional vacation days per month: on the 1st, & on the 15th.
Basic members earn a total of 2 days per month, Gold members earn 3 days, Diamond & Platinum members earn 5 days per month
Vacation time is capped at a certain maximum so that you can't keep accumulating vacation time forever. Your maximum allowable vacation time depends on your membership level:

Basic Members: 30 days
Gold: 60 days
Platinum/Diamond: 90 days

(Note also that all premium members enjoy "auto-timeout protection," meaning that their vacation (assuming they have any left) will be automatically enabled if they are at risk of losing any of their games on time.)

The One-Day Minimum
It's important not to expend vacation time frivolously or abusively. To discourage these behaviors, we have implemented a one-day minimum on vacation length:

All vacation times will be consume a minimum of 24 hours.

Example 1: If you are only on vacation for 5 minutes, 24 hours will be deducted from your remaining vacation time.

Example 2: If you are on vacation for 23 hours, 24 hours will be deducted.

Example 3: If you are on vacation for 25 hours, then it is 25 hours (not 48) that will be consumed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something like that would be applicable here.

3cwhl

Awesome Player
Well, I recommend you to plan for the time playing.
Because online play is unlikely to be paused.
Nevertheless, imo the game could pause if all players agreed.