• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Pangea with Modern Political Borders

steelrain

Awesome Player
Pangea (Supercontinent) with Modern Politcial Borders

This map reminded me of a similar pangea map idea I posted about a year and a half ago. However, I think using the modern international borders might be an interesting twist.

In addition to political borders, there are several way we could go about this: Natural borders that exist today could be incorporated (i.e. the Atlantic Ocean could still separate South America and Africa, but it would appear as a river on the map.) Alteratively, the entire map could consist of just policital borders. All natural borders, oceans, rivers, etc. would simply be gone. Call it a flat world..

Some modifications would need to be done in order to break the supercontinent into a number of smaller commands. On this map, however, areas not usually associated together because of their geographical distance could be grouped into commands.

If there was interest in a more complicated map, depopulating sea zones similar to the Sea of Japan map, or the attrition terts in the Conflict In Africa map could be incorporated to represent continents breaking apart.

Anyway, enough said for now. Thoughts?

Attachments

• pangea%20map..jpg
    pangea%20map..jpg
    443 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Very nicely done, steel. If I may, in order to make it more playable (ie. enlarge so that the smaller terts can hold troop containers) I'd suggest a 90 degree rotation.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Don't know where Steel got that image, but I doubt it's copyrighted. There's MILLIONS of images of Pangaea out there, so at worst someone would have to put in the recent political borders on one. This one looks to me to be a very worthwhile map to make. Once the cartographers get back in business, I'd put this one in front of them and let Shep, Wids, or Beal take a look and give their ideas on it. I know that LandGrab has a Pangaea map, not as 'recent' in the borders as this image, but it's pretty well done and moderately popular. I think this could turn into a very successful map for MajCom; I have no doubt that Steel and Shep could make this one better than theirs. :party:

Plus, by doing the rest of the work on it, under the guidance of one of the cartographers, Steelrain could earn that pretty Cartographer ribbon for his home page and become part of the Cartographer clan. :)

Last edited:

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Nothing to add, but I like this idea!