• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

On Boarding New Users

ashr

Awesome Player
Several things have come up regarding on-boarding new users that I think need ot be improved before you leave Public Beta:

Obviously the Invite Mail Workflow can be improved.
But immediately: Find Games.

a) The search needs to sort the games that are joinable at the top. But if you're printing rows, it's always easy to make columns sortable/and or filterable. Just look for the right JS code.

b) Find people. There seems to be no easy way to find people, not even if you invited them.
LinkedIn has a good interface for this. Your profile could also contain a list of people you have invited. Or people who join after an invite could automatically become your friend.

c) There is no place to browse players except the Scoreboard, and if a player is below 66, well they are invisible.

Searching for a specific game number is not currently possible, which makes sending an email including the game number less useful, b/c new players have to go through on-boarding workflow first, by which time, they are no longer able to find the game they were invited to.

d) Beginning play after an invite should take 1 click. You already have their email address, all you need is a password, and their profile is complete.

e) THe email containg the invite should use a less machine readable description fo the game, and actually highlight (good start with the colored box) the password if required. I mean, some people readable sentences in the mail might be a good idea. :)

cheers

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
all good suggestions ashr.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
a bunch of these have been subbed. thanks ashr!

ashr

Awesome Player
I'm not sure what subb'd means, but I apoligze for putting so many in 1 comment, probably should have created seperate issue numbers. :)