• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

NUKE the AWOLS!!!!!!

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I think there should be a NUKE button so if all the other players go AWOL, you can blow em all away at once instead of spending forever wiping the map clean.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
I think there should be a NUKE button so if all the other players go AWOL, you can blow em all away at once instead of spending forever wiping the map clean.

BOOOM!!! Blow em away!

(I agree.)

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
not a bad idea.

Keep in mind that the AWOL problem is particularly acute right now. What's happening this week is that brand new members make up a ridiculously high percentage of our overall membership, so we're seeing games that are 50% AWOL. It wasn't like that two weeks ago before the word got out that we exist, and it won't be so bad in a month or two when we have a larger core of established players.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
AWOL players can come back. keep that in mind. And it really only takes 5 minues to wipe a map of AWOLers if you are the only one left.

loweekee

Awesome Player
Something should definitely be done against those players who sign up, join a game and then never come back, it's very annoying.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Something should definitely be done against those players who sign up, join a game and then never come back, it's very annoying.

Well we have foms fixes in queu to bring them back to the game hopefully. But really they are of minimum annoyance right now, only delaying the game by a single turn before they go AWOL, which means they are skipped.

GimpDeath

Awesome Player
one thing i think needs to be done is that if a player is AWOL in one of their games, then the same status must be forced in all of their games until they make a move. I'm waiting for Broseph in two of the games I'm playing and he's decided to remain AWOL on one and make a move on another.. now who's the gimp?

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
ooh, good call, I'm all in favor of persistent AWOL status across the board.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
But wait, wouldn't it better for the other player(s) in the games if person chooses not to take his turn in certain games and remains AWOL in just those games? Are you suggesting that the AWOL status be lifted in all games if the player takes his turn in just one of his games?

If so, then that means all the other players in the games where he does not take his turns will have to wait 24 hours until his turn is finally skipped again...

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
ooh, good call, I'm all in favor of persistent AWOL status across the board.

I'm not. A player may be in two games and have turns that are days apart. If he misses a turn in one game, he shouldn't go awol in the other when his turn isn't up for 3 days.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
no, AWOL status in all games if you go AWOL in one, then you have to make a move in each one.