• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

New Map IDEA

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
ok, so here is a new map idea i came up with
yes i did make it in paint so dont tell me there is bad graphics and colours, i know that! :) its just an idea
the idea is kinda like the great britian map, when you get to the castle, you can attack the insideof the castle.

pro's - i think its a farly unique map, CC does not have any thing like this, and its not just a map of a county or land mass.

con's - its made in paint, so it will have to be completely made from scratch.

i havent figured out troop reienforcements and that, i would just like feed back on it as an idea. i would also love it if people do like it, one of the maps guys to take it on, i clearly don't have the programs or skill to create a Major command ready map!

thanks
Thunderous

Attachments

• mcm.png
    mcm.png
    387 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
looks like a pretty cool idea, and looks fun to play on. Each castle could have a pretty strong bonus, and each player could start out owning each castle (assuming in a 4 player game). not sure how this map would play with more than 4, but maybe it could be limited to 4 man games. i'd love ot see this fleshed out

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
btw, to fix your footer images, just wrap the images in
tags

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
hey thunderous, thanks for the post... I love that folks are already sketching out map ideas!

For starters, an important piece of MajorCommand will eventually be a user-driven Map Studio, in which folks like yourself can propose and develop map ideas and then pass them off to more experienced map makers (who have something a bit nicer than paint :wink:). We're still working out the beta basics around here and obviously haven't launched the Studios, so you're way ahead of the curve!

Your map idea actually includes some thematic & play features that we've been putzing around with behind the scenes... a castle map with some inside/outside play is in the works, but your idea is unique in many ways. Hang onto your draft and the community can give it a proper revisit when we're better prepared to do so.

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
hey, i was wondering what you or RJ or any of the map makers use to make your maps?

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
Photoshop & Illustrator. And google maps

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
98% Photoshop, and a bit a Illustrator (which I'm just re-learning after 17 years away from it!).

For inspiration I spend time at libraries, museums, and I've looked at thousands of maps at sites like The david Rumsey Historical Map Collection.

Congentiatos

Awesome Player
Thunderous, et al...I did find your map idea interesting with lots of game potential. I am glad to hear the map makers have some cool stuff in R&D and the concept of a user studio is novel and I look forward to all this coming. But I did want to give a plug to your map concept as I really like the possible game play options. Thanks.

Last edited:

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Thunderous, et al...I did find your map idea interesting with lots of game potential. I am glad to here the map makers have some cool stuff in R&D and the concept of a user studio is novel and I look forward to all this coming. But I did want to give a plug to your map concept as I really like the possible game play options. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback Congentiatos :D
hopefully we can get the map up and run sometime in the near future :)

Last edited:

landmine

Awesome Player
i only wait for FOG game`s.

Last edited: