• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

**New** Games with Neutral Players

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
I noticed these. I'm afraid I haven't been paying attention - what's the thinking behind it? Presumably it means you've got lots of (effectively) neutral terts - is that right?

Daniel7

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Yes, it changes the strategy a bit. There is also a different variation too, sometimes the rules are you have to keep your neutral alive, while you play the normal game, or your out of the game and go AWOL, and the 1st turn is often deploy but no attack. Sgtpatton sets the games up and decides which rules to follow

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
I noticed these. I'm afraid I haven't been paying attention - what's the thinking behind it? Presumably it means you've got lots of (effectively) neutral terts - is that right?
Hi MNatt, the best way to explain the difference the neutral players make is to join a couple of games and experience the difference.

The neutral players change the dynamics of the map and the game. They reduce the number of terts that the active players start out with. They reduce, but not eliminate, the "1st to Play" advantage. They help a bit in levelling the playing field and they do add more challenge to the battle.

In the most common scenario, on maps where all the terts are occupied at the start of the game, the neutral players also serve as defensive walls in the early stages, allowing the active players to expand with a barrier of neutral terts between them and the other active players.

On maps like 12 domains and Land Rush, having neutral players reduces the number of terts that the active players start out while leaving some of the castles or ports unoccupied by active players.

The other scenario, the Team Elimination games, has an added guideline and that is that when any member of the Team, active or neutral, is defeated then that team is defeated and the active players must sit out the rest of the game. This scenario involves protecting the team's neutral player as well as protecting them and their team mate(s) as they expand their terts.

Best way to explain all this is to join a couple of games with neutral players.

Want to give it a try? reply here and also inbox me and I'll set up a couple of maps and send you the links.