• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

New, and looking forward to MajCom!

BrianChicago76

Awesome Player
Hi All! I found MajCom and signed up yesterday. I have some prior strategy gaming experience, so I'm looking forward to it! I have a full time job with kids, so casual will be my game of choice. I am curious about a few things to start:

1) Is there a penalty if a player misses too many turns in a row in a casual game (i.e. gets booted)? Or can someone join a game and just sit there and not participate? I'm in 4 games to start and this seems to be the case so far. It would be a drag if 3 guys took their turns in a day, but then you always had to wait 24 hours on the 4th guy. A game that could be finished in a few weeks could wind up going on for months. Not sure if you ever have trouble with this, just asking.

2) Any plans to release non-Flash for iPhone/iPad? I have both those devices (as I'm sure others do) and would probably help keep games moving for users who want to play on the go.

All in all, looks like a great site! Thanks for creating!

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Hello welcome to the community!!!

1)If somebody misses their turn, their troops well be deferred to them on their next turn. If they miss three turns they are removed from the game.

2)I honestly have no idea about this. People have suggested it in the past, but I can't remember what the conclusion on the topic was.

If you have anymore questions ask them. Last of all have fun!

ladynem

Awesome Player
Welcome, Brian! I hope you have lots of fun here :)

pahtoz

Awesome Player
Welcome to a great community. Any questions please ask.

ps. Like ur avatar

BrianChicago76

Awesome Player
Thanks all! I do have another Q... just finished my first game (DEFEAT, haha)—how long before it clears off my games list so I can enter another game? Or can I manually remove? Thanks!

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Hey Brian, welcome!! To answer your question, as a grunt class user you are restricted to 4 games at a time obviously, but the way the system is coded means your games do not disappear until they are completely finished. So basically you have to wait...

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Thanks all! I do have another Q... just finished my first game (DEFEAT, haha)—how long before it clears off my games list so I can enter another game? Or can I manually remove? Thanks!

If you have been eliminated it will count as an active game until a winner is declared. then it clear and open another slot for you.

BrianChicago76

Awesome Player
Hey, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and great information! I have another noob question: I've played some other strategy games where there are things like specialty cards that can be earned (i.e. "Kill General" of a territory to render it inactive for a turn, "Airstrikes," "Atomic Bombs," etc.). Has adding a feature like that ever been discussed as an optional game type? Love purity of the site as is. Just curious.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
We don't currently have the optional game types as you have specified (ie. there are not special move/strategy). But there are other maps where there are special features. NUKES is a great example of map filled with the special features. Try it when you are able :)

Anyway, welcome to the site. :D

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
welcome brian from chicago ,, all i can say is it was the best money i ever spent , to pay and play makes the options and games limitless.. especially love the 24 player games ..welcome and good luck