• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

More filtering in the join games page

Feenix

Awesome Player
It would be nice to be able to filter out certain types of games, i.e. on Objective type, on Reserves type and on Teams type. I'm sure other people have other preferences, but these are my favorites for filtering.

coolname

Awesome Player

Feenix

Awesome Player
Thanx for your reply coolname. But this method is too convoluted just to find games that match my tase. All I'm saying is that the existing filters (Min Empty Slots, Max Empty Slots, Min Rank and Max Rank) are not enough to only show me the games that I want to see in the Join a Game page. Granted, there aren't that many games at the moment, but as this site keeps growing, the Join a Game page will get quite cluttered.

coolname

Awesome Player
I meant you should look at the Find a game. Or do you mean that you want the same functionality in Join a Game as is now present in Find a game (under "Looking for something specific?").

My understanding is that for people like you, who only want to see specific types of games, Find a game is the place to go. For people who just want to get going quickly, Join a Game is the place to go. Hence, the lack of options there (only number of players and rank).

In my experience Find a game allows you to completely tailor the types of games you want, even the Quads games on a Mini with Escalite and Unlimited Path...

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Yeah, if you use Find a game, and pick slots available, you can narrow the search down amazingly tight.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
the descriptions beside each button on the game page, should explain what you'll find when you click them...
if you are looking for a game with specific info, the "looking for something specific" button will take you to a game 'search' page. which is being improved upon.. but allows you to look for specific info..it's pretty involved, and while i am sure it can and will be better, it's hardly lacking what anyone needs to
find a game on a specific map with specific settings...

it's all there..

275da3a570ece3467d557e5f3bc7fc86.png

what more could you possibly be looking for? :)

that said, any suggestions for improvement are happily accepted/taken into consideration.

francismart7

Awesome Player
I think you should move the 'Looking for something specific?' button from the main Games page to the Game Search Results page (the page that appears when you click on Casual - Join a Game).

The page would load just as it is now, but right where the current filters are (Min Empty Slots, Max Empty Slots, Min Rank and Max Rank) there should just be the 'Looking for something specific? - Find a Game' button. The same goes for the 'Realtime - Join a Game' page. The Min/Max Rank filters have to be added to the 'Find a Game' page, as well as any other filters I missed.

The Find a Game feature seems more like just that - a feature. I don't think its used by enough people to warrant a spot on the main Games page.

that said...that 'Conflict: Africa' map sure looks interesting...

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I think you should move the 'Looking for something specific?' button from the main Games page to the Game Search Results page (the page that appears when you click on Casual - Join a Game).

The page would load just as it is now, but right where the current filters are (Min Empty Slots, Max Empty Slots, Min Rank and Max Rank) there should just be the 'Looking for something specific? - Find a Game' button. The same goes for the 'Realtime - Join a Game' page. The Min/Max Rank filters have to be added to the 'Find a Game' page, as well as any other filters I missed.

The Find a Game feature seems more like just that - a feature. I don't think its used by enough people to warrant a spot on the main Games page.

that said...that 'Conflict: Africa' map sure looks interesting...

well right now there arnt too many open games to join. once more players join that results page will be pages long. so instead of browing them all, i may want to find an open game on evolved, with escalating, and that will return the results i want.

francismart7

Awesome Player
well right now there arnt too many open games to join. once more players join that results page will be pages long. so instead of browing them all, i may want to find an open game on evolved, with escalating, and that will return the results i want.

True, but my main point wasn't to get rid of the Find a Game button on the homepage, as it was to include the 'Find a Game' feature as an option when you're browsing. I may be browsing the general games...but then decide to look for something more specific, instead of going back to the previous page, I'll just head to the top and click on the Find a Game button.

Feenix

Awesome Player
My only point was: that's a lot of of options to go through every time (in the Game Finder page) before you can hit the Search Now button. Unless you can save the search settings. And the following was also something I meant to include in my original post: the ability to save your Filter settings, or the Find Game settings for that matter, so every time you go to the Join Game page you only see the games you want to see and you don't have to do a manual search. Besides, the manual search doesn't seem to have the option to exclude started games... So my request still stands. What think ye?

Last edited:

Spazm

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Also, the "Find Game" function also appears to pull up archived games as well; should it be only pulling up games that have open slots?