• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MC Works Fine with Firefox, IE, and Chrome

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
NOTE: I emphasize firefox below because it has been the subject of browser-based-bug-talks.

Please do not believe any nonsense you see on the forums about MC not working in Firefox. It simply is not true. I am the lead developer for MC. I test hundreds of MC feature every day. And FF3 is my preferred browser.

I use FF3 on Windows7, normally. I also run FF on my mac mini, Vista, and XP machines.
If you are having problems with MC and are using one of the browser listed in the footer, then the Web Browser is very likely not the problem, especially if you;re running Firefox.

I am not denying bugs, issues, hiccups, or annoyances. But if you're using a supported browser, especially Firefox, then your Web Browser version is very likely not the problem.

Last edited:

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I myself never suggested FF did not work on MC. I simply suggested to people who couldnt get past two stars like myself, to try chrome, which for whatever reason just happens to work. I actually hate google, and chrome, and have only ever used FF, but for some, it obviously doesnt always work, and if time is limited..switching to chrome may be worth trying is all I ever suggested, to those who were about to miss turns.

I do believe the timing of FF not working for me was around the time of an update, and switching to chrome was just easier, and for me, its faster than FF ever was, well except in the very beginning, when even the 2 min games worked fast as hell.

I too have the latest FF and windows seven on a fairly new machine. I'm sure there's an easy fix too, but for me, downloading chrome and playing in 5 minutes, was faster than even typing this out. If you misunderstood and thought I was suggesting people just up and switch out of a perfectly good browser, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

And...just thought of this one actually.....it was meant to be help....not hype ;)

Last edited:

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
So then why did you tell me in chat the other day to "never use firefox ever because it is the worst browser to use for MC"?

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
So then why did you tell me in chat the other day to "never use firefox ever because it is the worst browser to use for MC"?

Because I own a 12% share in google of course....and I hate foxes. One ate my bunny.

Last edited: